Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

index page (not contents page) for workshop manual

commodoredave

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
Downloaded the free Holden workshop manual(PDF) but it has no index page which makes any looking up or info referencing quite
time consuming. It has contents pages which is only somewhat helpful as detail spec info is often spread across different sections.
Using functions such as sticky notes and insert comment it is possible to gradually build an index on the pdf but that is also time consuming.
Does anyone have a full index for the manual or a full manual ( VT V6) with both contents AND index.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
EG: I have a Folder called VZ Adventra,
Then I placed the Workshop Manual in that Folder,

I have found that when I find what I am looking for,
Create a sub-folder, then print it to PDF, (Windows has that option) "Microsoft Print to PDF"
and save it to that folder, and then you can access the information instantly.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
It's quite simple. In your case, if you are looking for VT ABS information (as an example):

1. Execute the main menu
2. Click on the "VT /VX /VU /V2 / WH Series" option
3. Click on (say) the "VT Series 1" option
4. Click on "Service Information"
5. Click on "Service Information" again because this is the next level of the index (not required for all models).
6. On the PDF menu, click on "Edit", then "Advanced Search"
7. In the entry headed "What word or phrase do you want to search for" type "ABS" (without quotes)
8. You will then get a list of all the references to "ABS" in the VT1 part of the workshop manual and you can select the one(s) that you want to look at.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Downloaded the free Holden workshop manual(PDF) but it has no index page which makes any looking up or info referencing quite
time consuming. It has contents pages which is only somewhat helpful as detail spec info is often spread across different sections.
Using functions such as sticky notes and insert comment it is possible to gradually build an index on the pdf but that is also time consuming.
Does anyone have a full index for the manual or a full manual ( VT V6) with both contents AND index.
The free manual is just a scanned version of the hard copy which I also own and it just doesn't have an index. Drives me mad too.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
It's quite simple. In your case, if you are looking for VT ABS information (as an example):

1. Execute the main menu
2. Click on the "VT /VX /VU /V2 / WH Series" option
3. Click on (say) the "VT Series 1" option
4. Click on "Service Information"
5. Click on "Service Information" again because this is the next level of the index (not required for all models).
6. On the PDF menu, click on "Edit", then "Advanced Search"
7. In the entry headed "What word or phrase do you want to search for" type "ABS" (without quotes)
8. You will then get a list of all the references to "ABS" in the VT1 part of the workshop manual and you can select the one(s) that you want to look at.

I think he's talking about the sketchy one that looks like this:
1689836394295.png

Which one are you talking about?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon