Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Indicators no longer flash when alarm set

vy4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Acclaim
I have a series 2 Acclaim and just recently noticed that when activating the remote lock/alarm the indicators no longer flash nor do they flash when disarming via the remote either - any suggestions/advice about fixing it to function properly would be welcome?

Also, on a general question, is there an easy way to read codes stored in memory other than bringing vehicle to a dealer?

And how to re-set the ECU/BCM - just disconnect the battery or ...........?

I don't have a factory service manual.

Villan_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina 02 V6
I have a series 2 Acclaim and just recently noticed that when activating the remote lock/alarm the indicators no longer flash nor do they flash when disarming via the remote either - any suggestions/advice about fixing it to function properly would be welcome?

when you start your car up push the up and down buttons that are under your mode/set buttons that will get you in to the menu and then just work your way to alarm settings and change it there and lots more things you can change as well.

VYCamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive Series II
when you start your car up push the up and down buttons that are under your mode/set buttons that will get you in to the menu and then just work your way to alarm settings and change it there and lots more things you can change as well.

What villan says is right, in that menu you simply keep pressing set to change between the different screens until you find the one for the alarm/ indicators. Towards the end of the menu's there is also a trouble codes which will list a code for any mojor fault, but to find out what it is you will still need a tech 2 device for more info. And if your dash/guages beep and go to their centrepoints dont worry, its just a test for your dashboard, to exit the menu just turn the key off and the normal menu will appear on the next start.

On the note about resetting the ECU and the BCM, the ECU will reset to default after you have disconnected the batteries for a while (hour should do the trick). To my knowledge tho the BCM cannot be reset as it should contain the security codes that are associated with your keys, ie if that data is lost your remotes wont work, someone else might want to clarify this tho, as my knowledge doesnt extend to ECU's.

Hope that answers your questions.

(P.S) In the indicator menu dont activate the horn with the indicators (it beeps when its locks).....Its really friggin annoying and scares the crap out of you if your in a garage lol.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Hmm.. I've had this since i've got my car (VZ SV6 2004).

And to top it off, there is NO Alarm options at all, i tried getting into the menu options many different ways and each time there is no alarm settings or similar to be changed.

I atleast want my indicators to flash, don't care too much about the horn, but its easier than looking stupid at night seeing if the interior light goes off/comes on and listening for the lock actuators.