Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

indicators wont flash

jay_wr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx berlina wagon 5.7
Try pull the flasher unit (relay) out and give it a tap on the ground, sometimes this will free them up, or just buy a new one

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Just buy a new flasher unit, they aint dear and I would bet my left aggert that's what the problem is.

dunky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Lumina V6
as above or the indicator arm may have dirty/poor connections. Seeing that the hazard lights work OK, I'd check the flasher and the arm first. Getting to the arm is easy ; just search for indicator/wiper stalk removal and you'll find the link

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
My indicators would also stay solid. Tapping the flasher unit would fix the problem but starting annoying me after a while. Went to one of those pick-a-part car yards and got two flasher units from the commodores there for a couple of dollars. Much cheaper than in auto shops where they retail about $30. There was a risk they might not work but for two dollars well worth it. Anyway they both work so save my self upward of 60 dollars.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You owe me one left aggart lolz

Doubt he'd take you up on the offer, considering he hasn't been seen on here for 2 years and made the quote 8 years ago....So looks like you dip out

Dazza VU ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU series 2 ute
My VU ute had same problem. Turned out to be blinker stalk. I didn't muck around & bought genuine GM on ebay for around $45. No more issues. Fitted myself with help from online video. Don't bother with wreckers when it comes to high movement parts that don't cost much. Spend the coin & move on.

CoffeeMonster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Exec/VE II SSV-Z
Try pull the flasher unit (relay) out and give it a tap on the ground, sometimes this will free them up, or just buy a new one

this was the issue with mine, i bought one from the wreckers for cheap