Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Information Please!!

TUFF 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 vn calais v8
New member to the site, would appreciate anyones incite to this enquiry..
A close friend of mine has recently purchased a 89 Series 1 vn calais v8 in factory Tuxedo Black over silver. I have owned quite a few early model calais, and have never seen one in black before. After making a enquiry to holden,all the guy could tell me is that Tuxedo Black was discontinued at the end of the 80's, and that this car would have been one of a handful of vn calais v8s sold in black in 1989, and also that the colour apparently wasn't available to the public, and was usually reserved for hsv models. I am very interested in knowing how many of these were made, any relevant information or help in this matter would be appreciated

Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
I dont know how many were made, but i know there were a few.

There was one over here, his number plate was CALAISS (i think) his was a mix of Calais and SS - all factory aswell, had all the relevant info with it.

TUFF 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 vn calais v8
That sounds nice.. Ive heard the calais came out in a super luxury version dubbed "Royal" and was usually fitted with all the best options like leather trim, sunroof, and ss foglight front end.. The first Tuxedo Black over silver vn calais I saw online was from WA (N3VA3H) and I thought it was one of the toughest vns I'd ever seen, so seeing a genuine one in person was great. Will shortly be doing a REVS check on it to find out who the original owner was, the cars history has us both curious as neither of us had ever seen a black one here in SA until this one popped up. A few restoration is now on the cards which is cool.