Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing central locking in a 1988 vl

Elite58

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec N/A Auto
I have got the door frame off (finally) and i don't know wat to do after that the photo i have attached is wat the thing that i need to put on the lock looks like. Please help There was going to be a photo attached but i cant get it to attach give me ur email addy's if u will help me and i will send u the pic

Last edited:
D

dumpd6

I’ve had a look and personally I thing its just too much trouble for a d.i.y because of the way the lock is. But if you can find a wrecked vh sle you can get the whole meconium from that and it would save you a lot of trouble. It will only be fiddley removing and fitting

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
its not that hard really. once you have the trim off (hope you dont really mean the door frame) you need to find a place for the actuator to fit, there are about 2 places they will fit so fiddle around. if you can hold out til next week ill put up some pics of where mine are. took a couple of hours to install. i found the wiring a bigger pain in the arse than the door locks.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
yeah pretty much what he said ^^^ althought I found that I had to have a spring added to the front passsenger side to get it to work properly. Autobarn quoted me some ridculous price on central locking all because it was a VL lol supposedly makes them harder! But wasnt too painful. I could also post a pic of where my actuators sit too if that would help?

Only other thing is I couldnt get my anti-theft plates to fit back in after installing the central. But hey I can live with that!

D.

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
as many photos as possible. i have no idea

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
i had a mate fit an alarm and cl he had no probs puting it in had to make up some rodsto fit the acuators not to hard

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
Can some one put photos up PLEASE. i really need to see this

C

craigvl038

hey is anyone gonna post up some pic's it would be a big help

thanks