Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing foggies in my ute!

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Hey,

Ok I have purchsed a set of genuine foggies, the fog light switch and i have plenty of wire handy.

My question is where can i get a fog light relay? ( is it the same one as the headlights? if so could i use an old one out of a VY?) Also has anyone done it so it works like the stock ones form holden?

Basically just chasing a how to or some ideas to make it easier and turn out well.

Cheers

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Ok thanks rodbol! Yea i bought myself a repair manual for the VZ's and it shows all the wiring diagrams but i just wanted to make sure i could use the Headlight relay from my vy (as in same thing)
well looks like i have a little project tomorrow lol

peewee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ute
dont parallel the fog and head lights off the same relay, the current drawn will probably stuff the relay and you will be in the dark with both lights and at night it does get black......

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Like it or not, don't have the fog lights operating unless during peiods of reduced visibilty (fog, smoke, dust) otherwise you'll finish up with an expensive T.I.N. and probably some demerits too.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Like it or not, don't have the fog lights operating unless during peiods of reduced visibilty (fog, smoke, dust) otherwise you'll finish up with an expensive T.I.N. and probably some demerits too.

depends where you live, some places care more than others, i run mine all the time during the day and never had a cop look twice the 2 years ive had them.