Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Advice on Going deep into VE Fog Plugs?

FidgetLizard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Commodore Omega MY11
Hi all. I recently installed a sv6 front bar onto my MY11 Omega. Post SIDI Omegas are equipped with a plug for foglights despite not being equipped with them standard. Other users have already pointed this out, however some Omegas come with the appropriate fuses and relays for fog lights. Forum conjecture is that if you have this, all you need is a new light control switch to enable the foggies.
My Omega does not have the fuses or relays for fog lights but does have the plug.

My question is how deep the wiring goes; and what exactly I would need to enable fog lights.
It seems like it might be possible to just chuck the fuses and relays in and then switch the light control switch.
Anyone who knows how these are wired up and could shed some light would be much appreciated.

Below are some pictures of the fog light plug (next to the horn), my fuse box, and the fog light fuse and relay (F4 and R5)

Attachments

• fog fuse.jpg
    fog fuse.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 32
  • fog plug.jpg
    fog plug.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Holden-Commodore-VE-2006-2013_en1-fuse-box-diagram.png
    Holden-Commodore-VE-2006-2013_en1-fuse-box-diagram.png
    298.3 KB · Views: 38

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You would need to wire them just as any aftermarket lights would be. They would be external to the factory harness. Switched inside the car. Supplementary relay as well.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
If there's metal in the sockets try and fit the fuses and relays.
If there isn't metal in the sockets, I would think under the fuse box some non terminated wire must exist.