Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Installing ignition barrel, steering lock troubles

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
Never had a problem with the steering lock, how did you get the old barrel out? If you remove it with the key 'on' like you are supposed to, the steering lock pin stays down.

not allways , most of the time you have to push it back down and if the lock is a bit worn it wont stay down

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
id say the ignition lock is stuffed..... just contacted the previous owner and hes the one who took the old barrel out, he used so multigrips and yanked it out apparently, so yeah i think shes stuffed

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you need to take the wheel off and hold the pin in or you wont get it back in been there done that :D had me stuffed for a while till i poped the wheel off the silly lock bit kept getting in the way of it going in the first one i ground a little off the lock hook so it would go in then realised what needed doing now they are easy :D

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
cheers for that, these things are a royal pain in the ass :p

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
delcowizzid you have a PM mate :)

mike49

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR, VX, VN Commodore's
can anyone shed some light on what delcowizzid said to do? ive got the steering wheel off but dont really know how to take the indicator and wiper assembly off... or can i get to the pin to push down from here?