Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing pod filter in VR

clubby_you

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
all pods do is make noise make it sound like you going faster and a standard paper element will more then enough for a standard motor (standard includes chips'exstractors and ''zorsts'') dont bother with a k&n just get a cai money better spent.

clazzza commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 vr executive wagon
where else can i get a cai from apart from ebay?,i dnt like using ebay

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
You can get a genuine Cold air intake system from any holden dealership. Only costs around 50-100$ as well not 250+ like autobarn.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Pods are worse than CAI's, due to the fact if you don't set them up in a decent set up in your front bar, they suck in hot air from the engine bay.

Hot air into engine = Not good for performance

Cold air into engine = Good for performance.

**** pod filters.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Pod Filter = Wank Factor

Simple as that.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Not really wank factor, they are useful with FI set ups, or, like i had in my old VP, long story short, had the pod mounted in the front bar. Straight cold air hitting it and being sucked up the intake pipe. Had to clean it every week without fail, but my old VP had a VP Senator bodykit, so the front bar has 2 holes each side of the front from factory design, perfect spot to house a poddy.

Other than that, i wouldn't waste my cash on one. My VS Senator has the HSV cold air induction system from factory with the high flow rounded top airbox, i shaved the lip on the intake scoop back a few centimeters and sanded it etc so it didn't look like ****, worked alright, would let more air in, as they are from factory are ****, you can't even fit your finger between the lip and the body of your car.

zack od

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR executive
You can get a genuine Cold air intake system from any holden dealership. Only costs around 50-100$ as well not 250+ like autobarn.

how hard is it to install a CAI?