Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

installing pod filter in VR

Kirbs

L plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS II
Can you not read mate? It would be simple. Use the search button.
Cheers

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
cai is easy too install and actually sucks cold air when the motor is hot, those pods will only work untill it gets hot in the engine bay.... unless you do some pipework and mount it where cold air is flowing constntly.

skruba

holden, honda, pitbulls
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
if u wana ru a pod just make a heat shield for it that way no hot air

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
you still have to feed the pod air, you really cant shield it completely from the engine bay heat unless its completely enclosed (pod in a box) with a big pipe sucking air from outside. So as you place it in a box/cylinder/enclosure, its pritty much the same as a panel filter in the standard airbox, add a CAI and your done.

Cutty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman Supercharged
I created a pod setup on my old vl (i know, older car, but setup could be re-used).

Basically i replaced the stock air box and sat the pod on some clamps using the airbox holes and screws. I then bent up some sheetmetal and created a box around the pod which then sealed to the underside of the bonnet when shut using some rubber foam strips.

This next part is illegal but worked a treat. I cut a hole in the bodywork under the pod and ran some pvc pipe with a 90 angle and clamped it to the inside of the front bumper bar (the vl has small slits in the bar which allowed clean fresh air through to the pipe). The pipe then fed the cold air up and into the sealed box the pod was in.

Same idea as running your pod down and sitting it up under the bumper, but this way saved a heap of cleaning time and prevented water being soaked up into the filter too.

The end result was a very loud straight six (good old nissan engines); great pick up from a standing start and when it hit around the 80-100kmph it was very responsive to throttle change.