Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Instant moron....Just add rain

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
www.southwestcommodoreconnection.com
Members Ride
VN manual, VC 5L Auto, 80series GXL 4WD :)
Well well well...........what can i say????

It's raining for the first time in absolute months down here is the gorgeous South West, and i can't believe the morons on the roads already!!!

I'm up at 0500 and at work by 0600 every morning, and this morning would have had to have been the most entertaining of the last few months.

The instant there is water on the roads, people think they are drifters or race car drivers, and it's the funniest thing to watch them think they know what they are doing and they think they are really "cool", when they go around the round a bout and end up facing on coming traffic coz they can't control their cars, or they drift onto the other side of the road (only funny coz there is no one coming in the other direction), or they completley lose it and en up on the side of the road about to hit a tree or go into the ditch............sigh....

And we are supposed to be teaching our kids to drive in these times? I hope by the time my daughter is old enough to learn how to drive, (she is only 12), this generation has racked off and the ones with more brains are on the roads then.......

It's just incredible, as soon as there is water on the roads my first thought is always "here come the wannabes"...............if you think you're that good, do it in the dry at the Plex ffs.........you're NOT cool in the wet on the roads putting everyone elses lives in danger!!!!

*end rant : )*

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
The amount of road signs you see knocked over in the ACT after a bit of rain is staggering, just morons.

VXdarkmagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive Series II
I hope by the time my daughter is old enough to learn how to drive, (she is only 12), this generation has racked off and the ones with more brains are on the roads then.......

There are always going to be idiots on the road, It would seem they only get worse as time goes on lol

GLITRES

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 6 litre
There are always going to be idiots on the road, It would seem they only get worse as time goes on lol

Totally agree, but we (i'm not yet) as parents need to educate our kids.
My brother is 15 and gets his L's this year. I'll be teaching him (i'm 24) and after I'm done, If I ever see, or hear of him doing stupid stuff like that, after everything I've showed him and told him.....I'll kich him in the teeth!!!

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
lol, i told my daughter the same thing, after i have taught her how to drive, if i ever see her doing ANYTHING on the roads that she shouldn't be doing......she'd better start running and not look back........AND she won't be getting her car back either. She can learn how to use those 2 things God gave us called legs................sigh.....

Hopefully i have taught her enough already to know to go to the Plex for anything....

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
It seems like as soon as it starts raining the majority of the population drive worse. Not just people thinking they are fully sick drifters, but the general population as well. I slow down a bit coz of a high powered car, yet I see middle aged men and women in camrys and hyundais driving harder and spinning wheels. What's going on here?

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
what i do find annoying though is when people go a bit overboard with slowing down... going 20-30 KMH bellow the limit in mild rain.... on straight road.... as for "just-add-water-morons" yeah...fun and games until they end up in someones house.

Skidney

Utes do it better.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP UTE
this is sooo true. like a month ago or less when we had our first hard downpour this year. pretty much every ute i seen turning a corner was getting sideways, i think a fair amount of them were by accident though. so easy to break traction by accident, in a ute atleast.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
I know what you mean. But i'll add that the people that are impatient with me for taking off from a set of lights slowly to round the corner are fools. Anyone that has driven a VN in the wet will know what i mean, one tap of the accelerator and away the wheels will spin. You definately learn to respect the various driving conditions thrown at you driving a twenty year old family sedan.

W84N01

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
totally agree about the tyres spinning. When i first got my Vn, even in the dry the tyres would spin, even when i dropped it right down to first gear......now i ride on Sumitomas and i don't have that problem anymore......even in the wet they grip pretty bloody tightly...i really gotta rev it up to get them to spin, and i like that.

Make and model of car bears no meaning on maintaining it and KNOW YOUR CAR is another great one. If you know you're car, then there really wouldn't be that may problems.

it's always the dick behind the wheel that is the problem......cars don't drive themselves