Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Insurance for VH V6 Ecotech

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
Ok iv bought a VH wiht a VS motor/gearbox in it, was wondering if anyone else has one and who you are insured with. NRMA have given me a cover note until they can look into it further ie tommorow, just wondering if there are any other good companies that would cover it. And yes im over 25. !!

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I was really surprised with the price AAMI gave me on my VK, I got a cover note for my VK when I was driving it to and from the auto engineers. They give you a discount on your green slip if you insure with them.

The only stipulation was the car was to be engineered, which was the purpose of getting the insurance :)

Just make sure you tell them EVERYTHING about the car else if you have an at fault accident they might try to contest the claim.

Cheers
Scott

vk3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
BT50............ while the vk is rebuilt
Had mine with NRMA, so you should have to many problems.

Don't recall the cost though.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Whats that insurance company that does unusual cars? It starts with an S and it has that guy that did the Gogo mobile ad.....Shannons....it just came to me.

Secki

Reaction score
Website
www.australianlawenforcement.com.au
Members Ride
VH Wagon SLX 253
Ok well NRMA rang back, they can do it now for $70 a month, but due to the power output it has to be insured as a VH SS, they NRMA bloke said at least if somethign happens you will be compensated as if it was an SS, ie theft. Im still going to shop around

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Mate what a setup to be asking for insurance fraud!!! chuck a V6 in a VH have it stolen and get a VH SS payout, bargin, I would read the fineprint :)

cheers
Scott

Disclaimer: Im speaking hypothetically and theory only, i dont recommend illegal activity.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Mate what a setup to be asking for insurance fraud!!! chuck a V6 in a VH have it stolen and get a VH SS payout, bargin, I would read the fineprint :)

cheers
Scott

Disclaimer: Im speaking hypothetically and theory only, i dont recommend illegal activity.

maybe the insurance company is looking at it from the power output side of things, the ecotec would put out more then the standard SS ever did