Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intense brake squeal with DBA T3 rotors and QFM HPX pads - VF2 SSVR

JoeVF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SS REDLINE
Which edge inner or outer disc? On the pad

Leon771

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
I am having dramas myself, just fitted the qfm hpx pads to the rear of my 2017 redline and the rear brakes were sqealing under 10kms pulling up to a intersection, that being said i used the stainless factory shim that was on the factory pads that was detachable. I coated it in bendix ceramsil brake lube,

I see you have a 2017 and had removable shims. When was your car built? We took delivery of our Sportwagon in Feb 2017. My rear brembos didn't have any shims that were removable from the factory pads. I have since purchased a set of "anti-squeal" replacement shims from Holden and am awaiting their install.

When you applied the copper paste, did you follow the instructions from the technical service bulletin on where to place it all?

Attachments

• Document ID 4839798 Brake Squeal Fix - Update.pdf
    844.4 KB · Views: 242

JoeVF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SS REDLINE
I got mine feb 25th! I will check the service manual but the copper was underneath the shim and also on top of it when i removed them sunday

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
just all the way round the edge of the pads. it just lets the new pads bed better. as the pads wear in the chamfer goes away and its fine.
cheers

JoeVF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SS REDLINE
just all the way round the edge of the pads. it just lets the new pads bed better. as the pads wear in the chamfer goes away and its fine.
cheers
Ok thanks mate i will def try this and see what happens hopefully its a succeess

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
Yes, the Brembo's squeal like a banshee. The copper paste is p/n 19303310. Shim kit is 92507424. And the TSB is TSB 17-NA-245. B.

JoeVF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SS REDLINE
Put it all together tonight, i left one shim out on the right caliper as the pad simply would not go in otherwise with compressed pistons.

Took it for a drive, it squeeked when it was cold then i did some hard gradual braking got them hot but no smoking etc. Sqeaks went away as i drove it more then they were completely gone.

Now its kooled down will be interesting if its all good from here on in, im meant to do another break in after they fully cool

Leon771

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII SS-V Redline Sportwagon
Just had the replacement shims from the 2015/2016 Redline fitted to the rear of our 2017 on Monday.
So far after 2 days and 200km there hasn't been any squeal from the rear of the car at all. Mechanic put copper compound on the front as well for good measure.

Heads up for anyone with a 2017 SSVR and is contemplating a pad upgrade - make sure you get the anti squeal shims from Holden before ordering your replacement pads.

JoeVF2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SS REDLINE
It's more the pad design of each brand, each brand has a different design, from what I can see so far bendix looks exactly like the factory brembo pad which youd think would warrant less chance of problems, also Forza pads are good to go but pricey as