Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interceptor Rims Questions!!!

Semtex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey peeps,

Just wondering about my interceptors. They are standard ie 15 x 6 etc etc but the details are printed on the inner centre of the rim not the outer circle where they usually are found. What is the difference between these sets. What cars had these ones I would be interested to know.

Also has anyone tried painting the centre caps for interceptors or know where it can be done professionally in Melbourne. Got black interceptors and want to paint teh centre caps black as well. Not sure what u think, might look cool.

Thanks guys!!!

Semtex:bang:

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
buy some touch up paint in those little cans from autobahn or super cheap.
BTW you have chasers not intercepters.
give us a pic with the black rims and silver caps and i'll photochop em so the all black for you.

Or you could go the american cop car style and get some silver rim trims for them and leave the caps silver:D

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
yep, pursuits/chasers are 15x6" and interceptors are 15x7" im pretty sure, or maybe the otehr way round :p and the new VE steelies are 16x7"....but the VE's wont fit any other holden but the VE, it has a different stud pattern...but saying that...here's a VL that was modified to have SSV's :p looks awesome, not sure how he did it tho, prob alot of hard work...

Attachments

• IMG_0477_1.jpg
    IMG_0477_1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,202
  • IMG_0293_1.jpg
    IMG_0293_1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 939
Last edited:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
yep, pursuits/chasers are 15x6" and interceptors are 15x7" im pretty sure, or maybe the otehr way round :p and the new VE steelies are 16x7"....but the VE's wont fit any other holden but the VE, it has a different stud pattern...but saying that...here's a VL that was modified to have SSV's :p looks awesome, not sure how he did it tho, prob alot of hard work...

i think they have figured a way to make them fit, i was looking on ebay and said the lil circle bit in the centre was machined to fit earlyier model commodores...... so yeah, i think i asked if they would fit a while ago haha, but i just got used to the calais rims so doesnt look like ill be getting them hahaha:D

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
yeah....can anyone correct me whether the interceptors or pursuits are wider?? i think its interceptors are 15x6 and pursuits are 15x7?? dont ahve a clue, i forgot

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
Proper pursuits are silver colour and 15x7 225/60/15 and are only 1" wider than the stock steel rims

L

Leo.Bullterrier

I didnt know they could take centre caps, I'd been reseaching having chrome hub caps fitted using the holders that were on the original vehicle. I have a lovely set of caps of an Austin A40 that would fit perfectly once the mounts are welded on.

L

Leo.Bullterrier

Hi Frandy, A guy on ebay have heaps of 16 x 7'' Interceptors for sale.