Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interceptor Rims Questions!!!

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Persuits, interceptors, chasers are all the same thing as long as I have known. They are all 7x15 as they all mean the same thing. All the names refer to police car rims obviously.

Stock rims are 6x15

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
yep, pursuits/chasers are 15x6" and interceptors are 15x7" im pretty sure, or maybe the otehr way round :p and the new VE steelies are 16x7"....but the VE's wont fit any other holden but the VE, it has a different stud pattern...but saying that...here's a VL that was modified to have SSV's :p looks awesome, not sure how he did it tho, prob alot of hard work...

you can easily get them machined to fit pre-ve vehicles, i just recently bought a set that were already machined so they can fit straight on my vz

VLC86

..stay N/A..
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
Haha.. maybe back in '06 they it was a mystery how people got VE rims on a non-VE car but its pretty common knowledge now. $60 and your done

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Original intercepters are 15x6.Think VL guys.Yes they were changed to 7 over the years.
Names for these rims are just made up crap.

Mudgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
Hello,
I'm asking on behalf of a hot rodder I know.....he has some rims, 15" and he's not sure what car they are from.... I'm sure they are Commodore police car wheels...... VL police cars had this type of rim.... I am sure VN/VP too. Did other models have these wheels? Police cars, I mean.

15" rim, 6" and 7" wide, yes?

Thanks in advance

Cheers, Mudgy

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Hello,
I'm asking on behalf of a hot rodder I know.....he has some rims, 15" and he's not sure what car they are from.... I'm sure they are Commodore police car wheels...... VL police cars had this type of rim.... I am sure VN/VP too. Did other models have these wheels? Police cars, I mean.

15" rim, 6" and 7" wide, yes?

Thanks in advance

Cheers, Mudgy

pretty much all cop cars had the 15 inch by 6" or 7" interceptor rims , then ve/vf got the 16" ones

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
The whole interceptor chaser rim thing sounds so mad max to me, think its more urban myth than anything else :)
steel rims (stockies) for pre VE cars (VN and above think earlier ones also had 13inch) come in 14x5.5, 15x6, 15x7 and 16x7 most of the 15x7 around these days came from utes which needed a higher load rating..The 16x7 are rare as I think they only came out on a short run of VZ crewman's.....I know at one time the police were having trouble with rim failures in certain situations at the advance driving facility, so that might explain the rim change to the 15x7 but its a vague memory of a discussion I had :D

Mudgy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais V8
Thank you guys, I'll pass this on

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Also note there is 2 different offsets on vp/vq steel wheels with irs.