Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Intercooler ?

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Mounting an Intercooler will decrease the psi that makes it to your engine, if i was you install the cooler measure the psi at the engine and compensate for it...

oh didnt no that, will be compenstating with small pully for the blower :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Mounting an Intercooler will decrease the psi that makes it to your engine, if i was you install the cooler measure the psi at the engine and compensate for it...

some of the raptor blown guys are only loosing .5psi through the cooler(600x300x76 with 3" piping @10psi). set up properly you'll loose stuff all. the trick seems to be to use alloy bends and stay away from silicone bends that have realy small radius turns. only use the silicone joiners

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Do you any more info this ?

Try this for an introduction:-

Browser Warning

People usually get one off a W2A off a liberty turbo, or Celica GT or the the exey Celica GT250....or off ebay...

I haven't fitted one myself but am contemplating it. Water cools down air a lot faster than air to air. Just extra plumbing, pumps etc to frig with.....

Apparently some *new* superchargers now come with a water cooling as part of the blower unit to cool the charge which is pretty cool....

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais

True, but a cooler charge at lower psi is generally better than hotter charge at higher psi....So, intake temps would be also a good measure....

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
some of the raptor blown guys are only loosing .5psi through the cooler(600x300x76 with 3" piping @10psi). set up properly you'll loose stuff all. the trick seems to be to use alloy bends and stay away from silicone bends that have realy small radius turns. only use the silicone joiners

What he said^^^^^^
If it is a good cooler and the piping is setup properly then boost loss should be minimal.
Matt