Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior Light Not Working!!

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I don't think there are any short circuit... as if i keep the light in the position,, it's still on all time,, just can't not turn it off

Cheers

Sorry, by short circuit I didnt mean a dead short circuit that would cause the fuse to instantly blow. A short circuit can also be a wire touching somewhere that it should not and bypassing part of the normal circuit. I would start by checking the switches in the doors. Take each one out (I think it is just one or two screws) and see if the light turns off. Use a multimeter to test the switch. I would firstly check the switch in the drivers door, most likely. Otherwise its going to be the headlight switch faulty, BCM faulty or wiring fault.

nilprapai

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT series II
Thanks mate,, will do and update the issue

cheers

ben_vs_manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Manual
yes i had a similar problem but the interior light would not turn off! i removed it all together it annoyed me that much and now i want it back

malleus

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Exec V6
Nope, only two.

I have the same ussue with my car. It kept blowing 10A fuses, and when I put a 15A fuse in instead it flattened the battery. So now I just go without an interior light.

Andrew426: You might want to check for stripped wiring... I had the same problem, it turned out there was a stripped wire shorting to the body. Only my one would burn both 10A & 15A fuses; a 20A (which I was really unsure about trying) did the same as your 15A, flattened the battery.

OzJD

Reaction score
Website
jeltel.com.au
Members Ride
2010 Holden Caprice V II (V8)
Also, Since you seem quiet new to this stuff, Make sure the car is on (reds) or the remote has locked the doors (the light stays on for a while if the car is unlocked).

crankhard

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute
Hi guys,,

Interior Lights is not working at all, where can i check fuse? if not the fuse, what else could cause the problem?? switch??

note: none of them are working,, interior, in the glove box and the one for ignition..

Cheers

crankhard

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss ute
The interior light will ONLY work if the sensor on dashboard is covered if your playing around with them in daylight. If it's not covered they will not work only the other off on button will.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The interior light will ONLY work if the sensor on dashboard is covered if your playing around with them in daylight. If it's not covered they will not work only the other off on button will.
This on a VR?