Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Interior roof light

holomatrix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon
$255 from Holden

No offence intended but that price is batsh&t crazy (leaving aside the dealer makes at least $100 profit on that). Holspares do the same part for $49. Check out the ebay links on page 2 of this thread.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
No offence intended but that price is batsh&t crazy (leaving aside the dealer makes at least $100 profit on that). Holspares do the same part for $49. Check out the ebay links on page 2 of this thread.

I have seen the one on Ebay. Dealer doesn't make the margin, it is Holden. I just wanted to let you guys know the difference in price. I was going to do this when I saw the topic here but I checked the price and though holy shh1t! Thanks for ebay. This part is for the VE and is over $300 to buy. Don't know what the difference is between the VE and VF. They continually update parts.

Last edited:

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I picked up the Holmart VE rear light combo off eBay for $55 delivered, a mini ATX extension for $5 and had an excellent result. I opted to run the two wires from the front light to get the button LED's working correctly as well. Turned out a treat.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Sorry to drag up an old post. Aiming to do this mod in the next 2 weeks as I just bought a Calais V rear roof dome light. Do I need canbus specific leds to use in the dome lights or can I use normal led replacement globes and not get check globe message ?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Sorry to drag up an old post. Aiming to do this mod in the next 2 weeks as I just bought a Calais V rear roof dome light. Do I need canbus specific leds to use in the dome lights or can I use normal led replacement globes and not get check globe message ?
I have non Canbus globes so you need to be careful with the on-off switches. If you switch it off quick and back on or vice versa, they don't switch off. You need to take the lead off.

The price has been reduced too for these cabin lamps.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Anthony, I ended up buying Philips T105W5 4300k halogens globes to be on the safe side..

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
The unit I got had all globes included... of course they aren't the white light you'd get with LED or 4300K globes.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
The one I bought too has the OE globes. I thought I'd upgrade the globes before installation.