Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2013 VF Calaisv has no centre console light?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Our SSVR has two last-played memories.
Which one it uses when you start the car appears random, but I have wondered if it's intended to be linked to the key-fob & Holden didn't bother implementing the personal-settings functionality in the SSVR (or maybe in any VF?). Maybe the fact that regardless of which fob you use to start the car at home, the other fob is within 10 metres, maybe confuses a partially-disabled system?
I know other cars will adjust ICE, seats, mirrors, steering-wheel positioning etc according to the fob, so each driver has their own settings linked to their fob.
I only use one key and the other key is a fair distance from the garage. The random song used to drive me crazy in the Calais V. The SS only appears to happen sometimes when I open the boot first with the remote instead of opening the drivers door first.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Same as mine. Although out of the 2 cars I own, the SS always remembers the same song I played last. The Calais V and the Director sometimes plays a different song that was played in a previous drive and hen the next start goes back to the song I had in the other drive. SS only does this in a blue moon.
Yep - my SV6 sometimes remembers, sometimes doesn't.
The SSV almost always starts at The Cure 39 track, other times in the middle of my Post Punk classics o_O

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
This sound system stuff is getting a bit hi-tech for me. The best stereo system I've ever heard in a car, are the pipes below the rear bumper!

20220726_220528 (1).jpg

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Dude, I think there may be a small spec of dust on the upper side of the gasket in the exhaust-system join on the LHS pipe there!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
This sound system stuff is getting a bit hi-tech for me. The best stereo system I've ever heard in a car, are the pipes below the rear bumper!

Where did the diffuser come from?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Dude, I think there may be a small spec of dust on the upper side of the gasket in the exhaust-system join on the LHS pipe there!
Can't be unseen now.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Good question! Looks better than mine, and it's not HSV.
Here's what a dirty standard one looks like.

Yes, yours is the same as the ones on all my VE/VF Utes other than the Maloo I once owned.

RevNev has a completely different rear bar.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Where did the diffuser come from?
It's the lower section of a VE SS wagon diffuser painted Phantom Black. I cut the bumper to fit it and glued it in with Sikaflex from behind the bumper and bolted it underneath at the stock bumper mounts. The bumper already ruined with the tow bar cut out inspired me to give the diffuser idea a try and looks pretty good I thought!

I think with the black track stripes down the side, the ute seemed to need a bit of black at the rear to dial it in and along with the diffuser, I tried a Phantom Black rego plate garnish I got from the wreckers like the Sandman utes have. I'm not convinced it works yet, sometimes it looks good, and other times I'm not so sure and think perhaps it looks better red.

20220726_220450.jpg

DP6W0037.JPG

Last edited:

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
It's the lower section of a VE SS wagon diffuser painted Phantom Black. I cut the bumper to fit it and glued it in with Sikaflex from behind the bumper and bolted it underneath at the stock bumper mounts. The bumper already ruined with the tow bar cut out inspired me to give the diffuser idea a try and looks pretty good I thought!

Great job