Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

interior + spraypainting + wheels.. lol

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Christina said:
cheers! i am going to get a quote on the weekend, i need new front brakes, and a regas, meh i might aswell just spend it lol

i thought about it and i think ill stick with 17"s coz my mechanic said id need to change suspension and everything if i go too big? or maybe hes on drugs too? lol
He is probably attempting to make money out of you.

People have 18s on there car with standard suspension although it would look weird been so high up with big wheels.

I had 19s on my car for ages with no problems at all.

You dont need it engineered, you can get a placard for tyres to replace the other little sticker i think inside the drivers door to say standard is 17" so you can go up to 19" then without cops picking on you.

Ive attached the laws regarding rim sizes in VIC.

Attachments

• Laws regarding Rims.JPG
    Laws regarding Rims.JPG
    216.1 KB · Views: 94

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
Trewman said:
He is probably attempting to make money out of you.

People have 18s on there car with standard suspension although it would look weird been so high up with big wheels.

I had 19s on my car for ages with no problems at all.

You dont need it engineered, you can get a placard for tyres to replace the other little sticker i think inside the drivers door to say standard is 17" so you can go up to 19" then without cops picking on you.

Ive attached the laws regarding rim sizes in VIC.

i dont think he knows much about cars, he might be a mechanic but hes kinda lazy but hes really cheap. i think his skill is oil change thats it lol he did a good job of it today tho ha.

i think i will go for the 18"s if i get the placard thanks alot for the info!

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
Hairy Eater said:
as you go to bigger rims sizes .... you go down to smaller tyre profile sizes... i've seen 19"or 20" rims with tyres that look like Cobb & Co coach wheels... and are just as rough on your suspension as coach wheels too.... maybe thats what your mechanic was talkning about...

i saw a commo with thick ass tyres and huge rims, sooo not cool lol