Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help, lol

dreadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz
Last month i broght a 2013 commoder wagon sv6 (a very tidy 1), i concider myself ok with cars (for a chick) lol but these new computer run cars DO MY HEAD IN, lol.
So i drove out of town to meet my mum & show her the new car that she had helped me buy, and i ended up lost & the maps sent me on a gravle/dirt rd that was 35kms long, Wow.
Up untill this point car drove like a dream.
After this i got... ABS & stability control lights come up on dash. So i take it to my machanic, he plugs his special gadget into car, and it says LEFT REAR WHEEL SENSOR FAIL, so al gd we order and replace it, in doing that we relise on that dirt road i had put a massive slash in tyre so i also brought 2 new rear tyres. We plug gadget bak in & test drive, & and its telling us ALL GOOD NO FAULT FOUND yay.
Then i drive out his drive & all those dam dash lights come bak on. So i book it back in and we do right rear sensor, ok this will finaly fix it a! . He test drives it, and computer says, NO FAULT FOUND, yay thats fixed it. Well i drive out the drive again, and straight bak in, yep u guessed it, all dash brake lights bak on. We dont know weather to laugh or cry, but he suggest i drive him round block incase its my driving lol. We eliminate that lol.
So i say maybe this was all a waste of money, could it be the wireing loom that conects sensors?? So we order 1 of those $200 latter to get the garenteed one.
We fitted that on friday and my machanic clears al lights and faults, he felt very confident it will be fixed now as his gadget said something it hadnt the other 50 times lol (im unsure of what that info was tho). So i drive out the drive so relived, but NO the f#*ken dash lights come on, drove back in and he said "im so stumped".
So im just doing my part to help the problem, by joining this site (of wise Holden owners) and asking HELP please if u have any info that could help me.
Thanx so much i real appreciate u reading my enormous post lol lol

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Last month i broght a 2013 commoder wagon sv6 (a very tidy 1), i concider myself ok with cars (for a chick) lol but these new computer run cars DO MY HEAD IN, lol.
So i drove out of town to meet my mum & show her the new car that she had helped me buy, and i ended up lost & the maps sent me on a gravle/dirt rd that was 35kms long, Wow.
Up untill this point car drove like a dream.
After this i got... ABS & stability control lights come up on dash. So i take it to my machanic, he plugs his special gadget into car, and it says LEFT REAR WHEEL SENSOR FAIL, so al gd we order and replace it, in doing that we relise on that dirt road i had put a massive slash in tyre so i also brought 2 new rear tyres. We plug gadget bak in & test drive, & and its telling us ALL GOOD NO FAULT FOUND yay.
Then i drive out his drive & all those dam dash lights come bak on. So i book it back in and we do right rear sensor, ok this will finaly fix it a! . He test drives it, and computer says, NO FAULT FOUND, yay thats fixed it. Well i drive out the drive again, and straight bak in, yep u guessed it, all dash brake lights bak on. We dont know weather to laugh or cry, but he suggest i drive him round block incase its my driving lol. We eliminate that lol.
So i say maybe this was all a waste of money, could it be the wireing loom that conects sensors?? So we order 1 of those $200 latter to get the garenteed one.
We fitted that on friday and my machanic clears al lights and faults, he felt very confident it will be fixed now as his gadget said something it hadnt the other 50 times lol (im unsure of what that info was tho). So i drive out the drive so relived, but NO the f#*ken dash lights come on, drove back in and he said "im so stumped".
So im just doing my part to help the problem, by joining this site (of wise Holden owners) and asking HELP please if u have any info that could help me.
Thanx so much i real appreciate u reading my enormous post lol lol
I can't really help you with your problems. However, if you can provide more history about the car, i.e. service records, maintenance, mileage etc. Perhaps the very knowledgeable people on this forum may be able to relate your issues based on their experiences. Hopefully! Good luck:)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Get the battery load tested.

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Can't think of anything other than different size rims front and rear will set it off like that but since you had already been driving it the only other thing is some weird scanners give you codes for the rear when it is the front that is faulty but that is a real long shot in the dark.
New sensors and new loom and fitted correctly you would think the problem would be sorted which is why I mentioned his scanner.

dreadz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vz
Can't think of anything other than different size rims front and rear will set it off like that but since you had already been driving it the only other thing is some weird scanners give you codes for the rear when it is the front that is faulty but that is a real long shot in the dark.
New sensors and new loom and fitted correctly you would think the problem would be sorted which is why I mentioned his scanner.
Thank you for your info, it maybe be more helpfull than you think. Because of a couple of reason, one being they are differant size rims, andi just put brand new chuncky tyres on the rear just after putting that first sensor on. Also my machanics scanner at first didnt come up with my year and modle car?? So these things u have said are defantly worth mentioning to him in the morn.
Thanx so much man much appreciated