Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Internet Service Providers.. Who Do You Use? Rates etc

MOTIV8

Cybernaut
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mountain Bike
I'm on the Optus cable broadband unlimited plan.

I was with them about 2 years ago but then was offline for about a year.

I decided to get back on the internet early in 2005 and after looking around went back to Optus because the others didn't really seem to compare as well when it came to service, speed and reliability.

blackjacknz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SSV Ute
i was with TPG...then disconnected when i moved house...and they changed the pricing...i used to get 1.5mbps for $49.95/month...now its $69.95.......but they stuffed me around with the reconnection...so ended up going with isage www.isage.aunz.net i get 1.5mbps with a 35G limit...no contracts..just month to month for $69.95/month.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i got the same one as blackjacknz used to ahve its great and still ahvent hit the download limit and im an internet whore lol

camvyss

Doof, Doof, Doof
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 SS 5.7L A4
Out in the Isa we are limited to who will provide for us. Most places here can not even get ADSL. However I was on BigPond paying $99.95 a month for 1500/256 (down/up) with 10G down & up before shaping. Now I'm with Internode 1500/256 with 20G down (up is unmetered) before shaping and even then they assure me it's only if they can be bothered shaping me at all, best part is the price $69.95. Telstra need to pull their heads out of their rear ends.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Im with iinet and its great. Dont have any problems with service, and i download at 1.5MB/sec from microsoft. Its all on one phone line, iinet just attatch your line to a DSLAM at your exchange

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
i looked up iinet, can't get adsl2+. it sounds bloody fast.
obviously they havent got their equidment at all exchanges yet

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
i got optus cabel, works fine i dotn know what speed it runs at but pre pretty fast, sometimes i doenloa at about 10, 25 - 600kb
not really sure why iots slow sometimes

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
when i used to have optus cable it had its slow times. average was 400kbs i spose.
correct me if i'm wrong but cable used to be the ducks nuts. now adsl has sort of caught up. with adsl your speed remains consistent whereas with cable its up and down due to local usage.

hindred

PUP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Green VY S
holden#1 said:
$59 / Month 7gb downloads. 256k uploads, unlimited speed downloads.

I am with Internode - 1500k/256k (Download/Upload) 20GB Shaped $69.95 per month.
Telstra and Optus are far from value for money. There is a lot of ADSL providers out there that no one knows about.

Check out Broadband Choice.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I am with IINet, I like their service. Customer Service is great. They are keen to help with any problems.