Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rajah

Grettings all. I'm Rajah, aka Chris. For some reason this site was linked from a wrestling site I visit. Seeing as I have a Commodore, I decided to join and offer what I can. I'm from Melbourne, 30 years old, married with a daughter and another baby due in about 2 weeks. I'm a Painter & Decorator and I run my own business.
My wife's car is a VX Berlina Wagon, 5.7 V8, a picture of which I have posted in the Post Your Picture thread. I won't tell you what I drive. It's a V8 as well, but it belongs to the enemy, so I won't mention their name.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
haha Chris, in my opinion gone are the days where enthusiasts are all one eyed. People will always disagree with me though. I have favourite models from all kinds of manufacturers. If you don't open you eyes to what there is outside of Ford or Holden you'll never truly learn.....

QUOTE "But let this not blind you to what virtue there is" The Desiderata

Those who doubt me, subscribe to Autospeed and read a few articles.

I would love to hear about the Ford.

Jake.

R

Rajah

Ok then, here's the details on the Ford.
AU3 XR8 Ute. As it's a work car I've got a Carryboy Canopy on it. It's stock 200kw with an exhaust modification the only thing I have done to it. I'll post a pic in the other thread for you. Sorry about the Ford. My first car was a VH Commodore SLX, then a VL Berlina, VR Berlina and now the Ford.

J

jampo

Hi I'm new and I am jampo!!!
Currently carless... my last car being an HZ wagon.
Now thinking of moving up into the commodore range... I was thinking VN and I have had a look at a few.
But they have all had very crapped out interiors... everyone of them suffering from saggy headliners, plus some general trim decay. I think of my old HZ and cannot belive that a car 25 years old (then) looked in better shape than a car just 13-15 years young!!

I have run my eyes across some older model comms and (as you can tell) I have no idea mechanically but they simply look better made...
ANy suggestions for what model I should aim for (got about $3000 to spend) let me know... or it could be back to the kingswoods!!!

jampo

G

grover

Hey people,grover here.just joined today.recently brought a vr acclaim and am having a few issues with it and found this site.i live in tassie,just sold our vk,worked 202,solid cam,600 holley etc.have had over 40 cars since i was 17{now 33}all holdens apart from about 8 fords,couple of japs.had a 69 ht gts,installed 308 twin turbo etc{engine bay photo on my profile page}couple of 308 toranas[quickest one ran 12.9 1/4 mile in third gear,gearing a bit low to get into 4th.great site here.been here for quite a few hours now.........

rebel

Reaction score
hey girlies and guys,

Im Rebel, female holden lover from Gold Coast.

I joined a few days ago in desperate need of help with my car. I wish i had heard about this site months ago as it is the best site i have yet to lay my eyes on... I can sit here for hours reading about O.P's cars and feel great that i am not the only one out there that is having problems with commies..

I have grown up around Holden all my life with my father owning a WB Statesman from the time i was an ankle biter to only a few years ago... my sister has alway owned holden too her first car being a HZ panelvan her 2nd a VK and now a VN 5Lt..

I was off my rocker for 13months owning a Laser,(well I only paid the market value of $50), but i finally woke up to myself in 2001 and bought my now loved VNS1 89. its stock, cept the mags, which are just generic 15" i love my car when she is going....Plan to upgrade in a few months to a later model... maybe VT... My ideal model would be the new VY 4 door Ute, as I need the back seat for my baby Best idea holden ever came out with for the perfect family car!!!
Many thanks to Darren for creating this site... you're a legend!!!!
Also a big thank you to OSL-060 for helping me with my car prob and introducing me to GARTH who has been to my place numerous times to get my car back on the road... where would us dummies be without you heros in the country????

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
QUOTE (OSL-060 @ Jan 10 2004, 02:14 AM) If you don't open you eyes to what there is outside of Ford or Holden you'll never truly learn.....

Yea, if you don't read up about Fords you can't argue properly as to why Holdens are better

But your right Jake, and I must confess, I like Chevy's as well

(hehe)

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
Ok you all might have seen me posting in here lately. I'm new around this page. My name's Nidan and I own a VX 5.7 Commodore wagon. I've had 3 Commodore's since I got my P's back in 95. I'm 27 years old. I'm from the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Markovr here......look at fords aust backing in motor sport ....putting in the money when they are on the ropes Australia has always been a win on Sunday buy on Monday took the blue oval a long time to see it...I think the decisions in this company come from the good ol US of A not to mention the head in the sand approach to the their dud model the AU falcon...A DESIGN DISASTER.
Didn't do their homework on that one
V8 Supercars had to change the rules so they could get near us ...they win and they try to rub our face in it by dirty tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.