Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Introducing the VN Series Commodore

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
But it wasn’t. Usual deal, pulled apart. Strengthened. Redesigned with better styling.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Never liked the VB > VL Commodores. But fell in love with the VN, it had returned to having that 'Holden' feel when you sat in it.
Lusted for a SS, but they were pretty basic inside, so when I saw a 5Litre Calais in Panorama Silver and FE2 suspension, at a Ford dealers used car yard, up on a ramp, pride of place, low kms and a real good price, done deal. An SS with luxury.
Yes, I know that Panorama Silver was for the VL GrpA, but that was the paint code on the plate. Must have been an early build with left over paint ?
It took us to lots of places, in comfort, at a rapid rate.
Missus used to drive it 800km to see her Mum regularly in a faster time than I took, but she didn't speed. o_O Unlike when I drove, I got tickets as proof.

But 240Kms, $$$ and lots of annoying aging niggles (car, not me) prompted me to trade it on a stop-gap VT Berlina V6 while I was waiting for the Monaro to get the production tick.