Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iOS10 iPhone update - IQ phone Bluetooth issue

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Have come to the conclusion that the only way to fix this issue is to get an android phone. There have been a lot of promises and claims by Holden and Apple but still no fix. I do see it as Apples problem but also believe Holden should offer free updates and an easier update method to their systems. They are really not interested in supporting systems once they are out of warranty.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
how do u get to that screen?
Haven`t seen it.

goosey1608

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6 Z Series
Guys. It appears that Holden aren't going to do squat about this.

May i suggest you copy my post and send them a message on Facebook. If enough people do it, they will realise that no one is going to buy another Holden again if they don't fix it.

Chat Conversation Start
14212823_10154424569764898_2675570029873917469_n.jpg

Cars
Jun 9th, 1:21pm

Dear Holden I own a VE Series 2 SV6. It's my second commodore after I had a VE series 1. I love commodores and Holden. For the past 18 months my Bluetooth has stopped working since apple upgraded to 10.0. I know you know about this. I know Holden is blaming apple, but I drive a Holden and my car is no longer compatible with the most popular phone in the world. I cannot revive a call without the blue tooth dropping out. Dealers have told me that Holden won't upgrade the software. This leaves me with a big problem. Basically, if Holden is not prepared to provide a firmware upgrade, then regrettably, I will not purchase another Holden, Can you please speak to your technical division to see if this can be fixed.

Make sure you leave you details and they will contact you back.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Well it's not really Holden's fault that a third party vendor updated their software and broke something. By the same token Apple don't support 5 year old iphones, so why are Holden expected to update your 5 year old radio?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
was the issue not resolved with iOS 10.3.3?

both my VE's have IQ, both had the issue until i updated to 10.3.3... i now have iOS11 beta and it still works fine in both cars.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Hasn't resolved it for me. After being a huge Apple fan for a long time am getting rid of my iPhone, iPad and Mac. They used to care about their customers.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hasn't resolved it for me. After being a huge Apple fan for a long time am getting rid of my iPhone, iPad and Mac. They used to care about their customers.
I know exactly how you feel. Have you got 10.3.3 beta 5 (14G5057a) and it still is not working?

Cam-ralph

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
was the issue not resolved with iOS 10.3.3?

both my VE's have IQ, both had the issue until i updated to 10.3.3... i now have iOS11 beta and it still works fine in both cars.

A lot of ppl seem to think it got fixed with 10.3.2, but it appears to be pretty hit and miss by the sounds of it, hopefully 11 will sort it out once and for all