Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iOS10 iPhone update - IQ phone Bluetooth issue

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
I got told by someone (cant remember who) if you own an iPhone 6 don't upgrade to 10.0. I am still using 9.8.something and have no problems. I am not going to 10.0 or above till it gets sorted.

I wouldn't update just yet, unless your happy to have the same issue some of us have. :)

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Ok just tested iOS10.3 public beta.

Woohoo, good news Bluetooth received call answer/audio is fixed. No more need to use the work around. It works using the either the steering wheel button or answer button on the iQ system.

I did go into bluetooth on the phone and forget the previous bluetooth connection and repaired with the car bluetooth.

If you want to register for the public beta refer to the following link https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/. Make sure you backup your phone first and save the backup in another location just in case.

Cheers
Phil

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
I wouldn't update just yet, unless your happy to have the same issue some of us have. :)
That's why I am happy to stay with my OS 9.8. I need to use my phone on Bluetooth all the time and I know it works so I am stuck with it for now. Hopefully holden and apple get this **** sorted soon.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Just updated myself, it does work, but when you use use Siri to make a "Call Out ie Ring My Wife", it still needs the double Tap to talk to her, If I use the "Phone Numbers" and manually select her name, it works like it did before ....still nearly there---little steps lol

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
That's why I am happy to stay with my OS 9.8. I need to use my phone on Bluetooth all the time and I know it works so I am stuck with it for now. Hopefully holden and apple get this **** sorted soon.

Need to check my last post. The issue has been resolved under iOS10.3 (at least on the iOS10.3 public beta version). It should translate through to the official release in Feb 2017.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
when you use use Siri to make to "Call Out ie Ring My Wife", it still needs the double Tap to talk to her, If I use the "Phone Numbers" and manually select her name, it works like it did before ....still nearly there---little steps lol

Ok, I can honestly say I've never used Siri to make a call that way so was unaware of the outgoing Siri call issue. Maybe it was mentioned at the beginning of my thread, must have missed it.

You probably did do this however... Did you delete the previous connection from the phone and car and pair the phone again?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Just tried the Siri dialling and yes, confirm no audio (both sides) once call is answered.

There is a setting in Siri regarding voice feedback. I changed it to Hands-Free Only but it didnt work either. Just checked my Siri settings again and it was back to Always On, maybe it did not change when I tested it.

Edit: I recheck with the Siri Hands-Free and its still the same. No good one Siri made calls from the car.

Last edited:

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Was the phone on or locked when you made the calls ?
There's another button in the menu to switch on and off 'Siri while locked' capability.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Was the phone on or locked when you made the calls ?
There's another button in the menu to switch on and off 'Siri while locked' capability.

The phone was locked and I just ask Siri to call home. Under Siri settings I have the option "Access When Locked" selected. Siri makes the call through the Bluetooth system ok, you just cant hear either party.