Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iPhone 6 slash iOS 8 bluetooth connectivity

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Howdy,

Just got my iPhone 6 yesterday, and am unable to play audio through bluetooth. The phone connects, however media will not. Anyone got any tips?

I have tried forgetting device, and reconnecting bluetooth which made no difference.

Cheers,

Chris

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Does it show the AirPlay sharing icon on screen when player is playing?
Does any sound come out of the handset at all?
Maybe the bluetooth over AirPlay soubd level is different to phone, try turning up while playing.
What is the exact error message on MyLink, like "start media player"?
Try another app like youtube, and try listening to other bluetooth device to isolate the error.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Does it show the AirPlay sharing icon on screen when player is playing?
Does any sound come out of the handset at all?
Maybe the bluetooth over AirPlay soubd level is different to phone, try turning up while playing.
What is the exact error message on MyLink, like "start media player"?
Try another app like youtube, and try listening to other bluetooth device to isolate the error.

Thanks for the reponse.

So I can play audio through the handset from 'music' or youtube, it just won't play through the car speakers. No error on MyLink, just will not detect that media is connected through bluetooth. The bluetooth icon is highlighted on MyLink and will use the phone and siri, just no media! Might try it with a cable to see if it's an issue with my phone.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Does the AirPlay icon appear on the iPhone to indicate a remote audio connection on any app?
I would confirm that function of the iPhone is working with another Bluetooth or wifi device before troubleshooting the car connection. Comfier in the lounge mate.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Does the AirPlay icon appear on the iPhone to indicate a remote audio connection on any app?
I would confirm that function of the iPhone is working with another Bluetooth or wifi device before troubleshooting the car connection. Comfier in the lounge mate.

True that, yep plays through two other bluetooth set ups I have with no issues.

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
well have you thought that maybe, as the car was built before the new iPhone, just maybe, that Holden did not have the new iPhone 6 blewtooth software when they built your car?
Just sayin, is all.............
LOL
its the little things that get overlooked
Get Holden to upgrade the software, ohh wait, better not do that, as they cant even align a car properly anymore
I think you maybe stuffed, just plug it in using the aux jack connection, or did Holden delete that feature? in the new spandangled VF's?????

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I just upgraded my 5s to iOS8. All connected fine but like you nothing via BT media. However I found in my case the phone had turned the volume basically off. After resetting the volume for itunes on the phone, all fine.

PS: I first turned up the volume on the car which worked but when going back to radio was deafening. Do it on the phone.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yeah my 5s works fine on the latest version of iOS and Holden iQ software.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hav you tried connecting with a cable instead of with bluetooth?

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
When you connected did it give you a pop-up to accept access to messages and music? My Android occasionally did the same when it did a software upgrade and the pop-ups wouldn't come through. I would have to do a reset on the phone, clear the pairing on the MyLink and try again.