Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Iphone mirroring with IQ

adam184

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Calais V8
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a calais V S11 V8.
This is a work car as I'm a sales rep.
I am very interested in mirroring my Iphone 5s onto the IQ sreen.
I have seen a few videos on things like this put they where either series 1 cars, or didnt share the how to.
Has anybody done this? I beleive the Iphone will do with HDMI out adapter. What about connecting HDMI to ther rear Aux?
will it need the VIM flash? Is there a cheaper way than JHP (those guys are great but $400????)?

thanks,

Adam

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Also mp3car.com has info for mirroring both android n iphone

adam184

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Calais V8
Thanks guys,

Ive had a look at both links and couldn't find anything for Iphone 5 or above. All where referenceing 30pin connectors etc.
I know it can be done from the phone end with a HDMI converter wihich would also charge the phone. Its just connecting the HDMI to the rear Aux.

any other suggestions?

Adam

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
The IQ video adaptor is available almost anywhere, the VIM programming from Ultimate Conversion Wiring and three or four others cheaper than JHP, and then I would use AirPlay versus cable from your iOS device. Best value in terms of firmware and extensibility is AppleTV ($100 + invertor $65), or Google "AirPlay adapter" for myriad dodgy Chinese offerings ($50-$275). These are typically HDMI output so you need a composite conversion module (<$100), else pay a little more ($275) for Chinese combo with RCA output.

adam184

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Calais V8
Thanks PIR4TE. will that connection be 2 way? i'd like to use apps from the screen. ive seen a video on Youtube (cant find it now) of somebody controlling apps from both the screen and steering wheel.

thanks

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Thanks PIR4TE. will that connection be 2 way? i'd like to use apps from the screen. ive seen a video on Youtube (cant find it now) of somebody controlling apps from both the screen and steering wheel.

thanks

Not 2 way, no. iOS device playback is controlled by steering wheel and device screen, not IQ screen:

Navigation switching between mirrored apps is voice via Siri. In-app navigation of screen icons is mainly via iOS device, except of course Siri commands, and most standard media playback on iOS device is also operable via steering controls.

AppleTV navigation is via iOS device app (or using Apple Remote).

PS If you are thinking of AppleTV then I'd open it up and toss the AC power supply and have it run on 12v, plenty of articles about how to online, really simple, only $20.

adam184

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Calais V8
thanks Pir4te,
sorry for the late reply ive been on hols with the family.
found this vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVbV_zkylO8
Cant see how its done. there are some videos on youtube of a product called 'Mimics X2' but the supplier/manufacturer seem more than a bit unreliable from what i read on MP3car.
Anything running IOS 7 or above should be able to connect to the rear AUX via HDMI and an adapter.
anybody got any other suggestions?