Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iPod iPhone Integrated Media Hub for VE

alexpook

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
Wow

This is beautiful. I've been trying to figure out how to get a decent sound system given the constraints of the stock headunit. I don't like the idea of headunit in the glovebox - can't reach it while I am driving, pain in the rear basically.

So will this work on my WM Statesman?
Do I have to use an iPod/iPhone, or can I just plug in a USB stick somewhere? (iTunes is a pain)
Can I get some sort of GPS on it at the same time?
Does the rest of the original/stock radio/CD stuff still work?

If I can have all of that they can have my money.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
any news of this

alexpook

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
I just had it installed in my WM Statesman. Apparently there is a significant problem getting it to work BOTH with the USB and iPod/iPhone and that is going to take a long time to fix. So I got it just with USB/SD and no iPod connection.

It works well. I've only had it a day or so, but initially at least I am quite happy, it sits in the glove box and isn't visible, I just plug in a USB stick with all my music and away it goes. It plays MP3 very well but does not seem to recognise FLAC files. Haven't tried movies yet.

footy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV SE 2010
any updates on this?

Mortuary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
im heading into no limit to have an ssv headunit put into my sv6. going to inquire about all of this stuff so I'll post away here my answers if I remember!

Dave07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi,
Is there any update or news on this upgrade?

Thanks,
David.

Mortuary

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SIDI Sportwagon
when i had my headunit done, they said it's 'still coming', but they 'have been saying this for a while'... so who knows!

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
when i had my headunit done, they said it's 'still coming', but they 'have been saying this for a while'... so who knows!

This is what anoys me. So many compays say next week or next month or soon. I was they would be honest and say 6 months or what ever.

Before everyone jumps on me I understand that they are busy(I run a company too) but its not hard to be honest and realistic with time frames!

HellSoldier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SV6
Indeed. No limit told me 4+ months ago it would be in 2 weeks. Ring 2 weeks later, it'll be two weeks.

When will those sausages be ready? 5 minutes Turkish! 5 minutes? It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago?!