Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

iq giving me the shits

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 sv6 Spotrswagon
Hi all. Booked my car in for its 15k service. The advisor asks me if i want the iq upgraded. I said no as i havent had any major issues with it, but he also told me that there will be another revised iq upgrade next year. So i thought cool, ill leave it untill then. A day before christmas i upgraded my phone to samsung galaxy s2. Everything went well, paired ok, recieved calls ok, no probs. Did the same christmas day. Then 20 minutes later go back to the car without the phone and iq is all buggered. Lost all stations, all paired devices, volume is low and i have to turn it up, wont tune stations, comes up with rear plug, front plug options when i go into config, which it never did, on the radio screen had something lke voice/speech or some **** like that. Im thinking, WTF, did i just jinx it, did the mobile make it go retarded? Can u reboot these things? If so will it make a difference? Or shall i just get it upgraded? Whats the process of upgrading iq? do they pull the dash apart, or plug cords in somewhere?:hmmm: Any advice would be much appreciated guys. Cheers. Hope you all have a great New Year. :)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The upgrade isnt meant to be optional, its a campaign to correct errors in the software.

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
I totally understand that its not meant to be optional , but whats making me think twce about doing it, is the fact that people have had more problems after doing the upgrade, and wish they hadnt done it. Thats all.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Not a lot of people, we have very few IQ complaints overall. The only reason it seems like a lot on forums etc is because you dont hear from the people who have no issues.

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok mate. No stress. would you know what the process is? As in does the dash come apart, or do they plug cables anywhere?
Cheers.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Depends if you have SatNav or not.

With Satnav: Just need to remove the drivers side centre console side panel to access the SD Card port on the side of the head unit. Remove the SatNav SD Card and insert programming card. Also insert programming USB Stick in the centre console then carry out programming via the OBD port.

Without SatNav: same as above minus the SD card removal/insertion.

pt75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for that ricey. much appreciated. :) Also i don't have sat nav.Didn't. think it was worth the money, but that's a different
subject. cheers.

adr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
i got the iq update done works fine takes about an hour or so