Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is an aftermarket alarm system worth it?

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
If I could fit a train horn somewhere, I probably would.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
My SS has an aftermarket alarm, not really sure what advantages it has over the stock system besides when you lock/unlock it in beeps to let you know its locked/unlocked. Also if you aren't withing 15m of it and you press any button on the remote the alarm goes off, not sure if its meant to or not.

I was confident in the standard one in my old Vx and always parked somewhere where it was view or would be hard to steal from.

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
If u are that worried pull out the fuel pump relay or something when the car is not in use, if they cant start it they cant steal it, i always do that if i go in holidays or something

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Be thankful that at least in Australia and NZ car jackings are rare , this has happened to my brother in Jo'Burg having his M5 taken at gunpoint , no alarm will help you there , he has a Glock under the seat of his car now , and knowing him he'll use it too

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Be thankful that at least in Australia and NZ car jackings are rare , this has happened to my brother in Jo'Burg having his M5 taken at gunpoint , no alarm will help you there , he has a Glock under the seat of his car now , and knowing him he'll use it too

You're brother was driving a desirable car too. The M5 is very nice. My old boss was a chicken farmer from SA. He and his family moved here when the farm next to him was hit by a gang and the father was executed in front of the children and the mother raped. Given the stories we hear coming out of SA you have to wonder if the place wasn't better off under white rule.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
You're brother was driving a desirable car too. The M5 is very nice. My old boss was a chicken farmer from SA. He and his family moved here when the farm next to him was hit by a gang and the father was executed in front of the children and the mother raped. Given the stories we hear coming out of SA you have to wonder if the place wasn't better off under white rule.

Mate , big brother is making plans to leave , he would like move to NZ , so I'll be helping him out as much as possible , on the white rule thing , well , put it this way , they don't call the North Harbour in Auckland North Burg for nothing ,and there'd be no Doctors , surgeons , and the Police and Prison Service would be down on staff too .

Attachments

• images (3)flag.jpg
    images (3)flag.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 92