Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Camaro will have to be converted over the rhd so that is the mark up cost. They're not making it a lhd/rhd package out of the factory like Mustang.
HSV are converting Rams at the moment with mixed quality success.

If you want a Ram, get it from Performax.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
Initial post response - no, no I am not. The end.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Camaro will have to be converted over the rhd so that is the mark up cost. They're not making it a lhd/rhd package out of the factory like Mustang.
HSV are converting Rams at the moment with mixed quality success.
Where did you know this from? :)
It was about 800% accurate, but I thought only announced yesterday?
~$90k for a Camaro, which will be a tough ask vs a $60k Mustang if reports of build & materials quality from people who've rented them are correct; even if they only sell 'em with HSV badges.

woooo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Multiple
~$90k for a Camaro, which will be a tough ask vs a $60k Mustang if reports of build & materials quality from people who've rented them are correct; even if they only sell 'em with HSV badges.

90k is too much when the 18 mustang is even better then the current mustang with all its updates. Holden will need better pricing to win me back for any future muscle car

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
90k is too much when the 18 mustang is even better then the current mustang with all its updates. Holden will need better pricing to win me back for any future muscle car
Yeah it's unfortunate the Camaro is not made for RHD. Pricing may be an issue. Time will tell. But it is streets ahead of the 'Stang. Even from a saftey perspective the cabin centric crumple zones have turned me off it. Buyers should get a free life insurance policy with every car. It looks ok though.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
When you say "streets ahead", isn't the Camaro considerably behind in terms of percieved quality? Stuff like comtrol feel, interior plastics, panel gaps, the sort of stuff you say "yuck" at before you even use the key when your rental is a base Yaris?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Dunno. I've sat on a.mustang and it was pretty sub standard from an interior perspective. Not a new camaro though. Most cars from the States are crap in terms of fit and finish. But, I'm talking about the main reasons people buy these cars. Driveability, performance, handling braking etc.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I hope for the sake of the availability of cheap 86-style cars with big motors on the used market that you're right, and some supporting evidence is people paying >$90k for E-Series HSV cars; but on the other hand, Audi-level percieved-quality has pushed downmarket since then, so dunno if quite as many buyers will be willing to buy a flabby 86 with a big motor for 2.5x the price as would've done so 10 years ago.

I guess used-market people like me will just cross our fingers. :)

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
So many experts. The car is at least seven months from release. No Australian spec cars have been road tested and reported on. Final suspension and equipment levels still to be determined.

But it doesn't have a V8 and it won't be made here, so it's a shitbox. The experts on this forum said so.

Blinkers much?

Don't agree with you on this one Calaber. To me the Commodore is a large (or even medium/large) RWD performance oriented sedan. The incoming model is simply not that. I'm probably slap band in the middle of the target demographic for the outgoing Commodore buyer. 30/40ish something who probably has kids or at least needs the space of the outgoing model but also wants something a bit fast and enjoys the RWD 'drivers' experience.

Incoming model is probably down on space which probably isn't a deal breaker but the rest is of no inspiration what so ever.

TBH, if they took the essence of the commodore, plonked it on the Omega platform and built it in NA (or wherever), I'd be fine with that. I'd even be fine without a V8 if a quality turbo 6 or alternative was offered. Sadly the turbo 4 is just a waste of time and calling it 'performance' is just an insult.

Call it blinkered if you like but to me, they should have retired the Commodore badge, ran with the original Insignia moniker and started from scratch pitching to the Mazda 6, Camry and Mondeo buyers.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
The first (and second) rule of fight club is..... you don't talk about fight club.

With that said - the HSV forum have been all over this for some time. I guess when you are considering ponying up two hundred gorillas for a W1 the dealers will squeal the truth to you to make the sale.