Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Off topic ……. it seems that there is a bit of misunderstanding about the number of V2/VZ Monaro s made and exported.
According to Norm Darwin ( Holden enthusiasts should recognise his name )
Total RHD Monaros, including exports …… 12,690.
Total RHD HSV coupes ……….. 3,220.
Total LHD Pontiac GTO ………. 40,823.
And the US did not know about it until Bob Lutz ‘discovered’ it, sort of like Captain Cook ‘discovering’ New Holland, or what ever Oz was back then.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can't work out why they stopped making or selling them in Aust?? Which ever was the case. I really liked the new Monaro. I think they looked really cool and nice big V8. I would love to own one.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I can't work out why they stopped making or selling them in Aust?? .

There was going to be a VE Monaro, but the $$$$ were not there after the VE program, and by that time GM US knew about Holden and had their grubby hands all over it. Until then Holden were just some company in Austria where they had kangaroos, and a bridge with a big red rock at the side of it.

But, again, off topic. Must chastise myself.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
What is it that you don't think that Australia and USA have been sold down the drain.

Or is that you don't understand that Holden knew that it had to export to survive and built the VE so big, it was going to build a smaller commodore but went bigger adding around 200KG over the VT to VZ type, we did not need a bigger commodore at all and I was talking to the people who were involved with designing the VE at the first display and they said it was going to export to the USA hoping to double sales, if you can remember the Monaro did well and was in it's creation made for the USA market or it would never of got off the ground as the dollars to design and make it would never of past the bean counters approval, I think it's half of the Monaro's that were made went to the USA.

People who mention or use the term meds are usually the ones who are on such rubbish I would think, not to mention that most who make clams of Australian USA are doing well are simple minded wage earners and dole bludgers from what I have come across but the ones who work for themselves or own a business are irate about the ignorance of most fools who claim otherwise.
I meet and talk with about 60 people a week bro, so I have a informed position on what is going on.
Chill Zeke. I was just joking about your big rant. I'm probably stating the obvious, but you have an interesting way with words. Particularly when speaking passionately. That's great, but a sense of humour makes makes everyday better AFA I'm concerned.
I actually agree with some (but not all) of what you are saying.
I'm not on the dole, nor do I generalise about or prejudge those whom are. Because I despise predudice. I am on a salary though, as our business is a company structure. Well, two trusts and two companies actually. As a small SME owner and finance professional, I fully understand the impost of govt policy and regulation on Aussie business. I have met, and know some very intelligent and well informed recipients of social security, and wage earners are the heart and sole of our great nation. So hats off I say.
The long design period, various planned derivatives and export potential / plans of the Zeta platform are well documented and known. So nothing enlightening there mate. It's sad that uncle Sammy GM put the kibosh on that. But the world still turns right?
I've moved on though. I prefer to learn from the past, live for today and focus on the future. A future with two awesome Zeta's, four in the Family and another three in the business. So, I can say I am chuffed at how big they are. A slimmed down Commy would not suit our needs. It's definately a case of more is more.

Let's not mention my meds, I'm anti-stigmatic and anti-ostracism.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
^ To be fair, as I understand it your statement was factually incorrect; from what I've seen, it was an argument used by Trumphumpers within the first 100 days when nothing was happening & it was hard to argue against because nothing much ever happens in such a short time, but more time has passed & his administration is still quite do-nothingey.

You what? 100 days, what are you on about?

Considering the news report i was referring to was published on the 7/12/2017 (Donald Trump - Keeper of Promises an Analysis by Stephen Collinson - CNN) i think that's fairly far out of the first 100 days. And standing up and doing things the previous 3 presidents promised and then sat on their hands over as i mentioned, maybe you didnt turn your TV on the day he made the announcement about Jerusalem?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Another thing is Aust might be doing ok after trying to repair the mess Ruddy left us in, by blowin all the dough. But tell that to us who live in Tas mate where we have the lowest wages of any state. As an example my job pays $8 an hour less than I could get on the mainland. Yet we have meat and fresh veg prices 50% more than those on the mainland and petrol 15c a litre more than Melb prices. Land prices are less but the cost of building is 30% more than most place on the mainland......
Interesting...

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
And standing up and doing things the previous 3 presidents promised and then sat on their hands over as i mentioned, maybe you didnt turn your TV on the day he made the announcement about Jerusalem?
He said he was going to fix the middle east; that doesn’t quite equate to going there & stirring the conflict up a bit.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I love how this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. :p
"Just politics and phylosophy". Kind of sums up the mighty Commodore!