Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

VT13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina V6 Sedan
And the hits just keep coming for Holden, sad to admit but that is a brand name that is going to die if they maintain their current strategies. The fact that the Opel takeover will see the NG have a very short life will be a massive blow to any potential sales. Resale will be abysmal and ongoing support non-existent, two pretty solid reasons to buy something else. Holden would be crazy to go ahead with a line that is leaving the GM stable and surely they could see the difficulty in selling what will likely be a limited run. Probably won't help either that is will likely be known as the Frogodoreo_O

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Wouldn't it be nice if GM used the proceeds from the sale to reverse the closure of Elizabeth and keep it going?
With Opel gone and the source of the post NG Commodore up in the air, it would make sense.
Reconfigure the plant to build SUV's and Colorado's alongside the Commodore, chase up some more export markets and I don't see why it couldn't be profitable again. The AUD has fallen significantly since the closure was announced, so that would work in their favour.
Sorry, I'm waffling nonsense now as I probably have more chance of winning tattslotto than this happening.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
Wouldn't it be nice if GM used the proceeds from the sale to reverse the closure of Elizabeth and keep it going?
With Opel gone and the source of the post NG Commodore up in the air, it would make sense.
Reconfigure the plant to build SUV's and Colorado's alongside the Commodore, chase up some more export markets and I don't see why it couldn't be profitable again. The AUD has fallen significantly since the closure was announced, so that would work in their favour.
Sorry, I'm waffling nonsense now as I probably have more chance of winning tattslotto than this happening.
Correct Australia could give it a go now with the lower dollar, but the government is hell bent on not wanting it. Obama's game play of printing more money helped bring our Aussie dollar so high at the time.
But our Unions only worked to help destroy the company's as well and that was another big problem.
Our governments are useless as all they do is piss on about total brainwashing **** like gay madness and are hell bent on destroying our children with the so called safe schools, that is more to do with trying to be making kids f ed up and deranged, run by convicted paedophile's.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Maybe all the near-certainty about future Holdens being Malibus & Epicas & Cruzes is what prompted them to confirm that the Camaro is in their future?

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Correct Australia could give it a go now with the lower dollar, but the government is hell bent on not wanting it. Obama's game play of printing more money helped bring our Aussie dollar so high at the time.
But our Unions only worked to help destroy the company's as well and that was another big problem.
Our governments are useless as all they do is piss on about total brainwashing **** like gay madness and are hell bent on destroying our children with the so called safe schools, that is more to do with trying to be making kids f ed up and deranged, run by convicted paedophile's.

Why don't we have an 'Ignore' button for twats like this one?

Yeah, I know, I might get buttoned too, but...

Flo Rider

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
There wont be much choice in the large car segment 2018 onwards so I reckon the NG will still sell. It will appeal to a different kind of buyer more focused on style/comfort/functionality/efficiency.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
Why don't we have an 'Ignore' button for twats like this one?

Yeah, I know, I might get buttoned too, but...
What is it that you don't believe, USA by printing money pushed up our dollar ?
Or the union point.
If we had more intelligent unions and our dollar was not so high at the time, we were set to export a lot of VE-F commodores you know.
Funny that some drip can just make a simplistic mundane comment, but does not bother to back it up with anything, no wonder the nations going to the dogs.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
There wont be much choice in the large car segment 2018 onwards so I reckon the NG will still sell. It will appeal to a different kind of buyer more focused on style/comfort/functionality/efficiency.
Camry, Accord, Passat, Superb, Mondeo, even Mazda6 play in that space ... I think it'll be a hard sell.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Camry, Accord, Passat, Superb, Mondeo, even Mazda6 play in that space ... I think it'll be a hard sell.
Subaru Liberty as well. It would be interesting to be a fly on wall in Holden HQ, I wonder what their sales predictions are for NG as opposed to VF. I read somewhere, but forgotten where now (could have been in weekend paper) that Commodore sales are dropping. Also Ford sales are dropping as the Falcon sales fade away. Half of Ford sales were said to be Ranger.