Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
The Aurion is quite quick, no Falcon GT from XR up to XB could keep up, not even a EB 4.0L or 5.0L V8, hell no V6 Commodore or the last 4.0L Falcon could, but for the turbo.
I put a few tanks of E10 in it on the way to SA and she sure does perform better on the E10.
She is a good overtaking car, jumps back a bit too easy with the lower gears then I want, the wife looks at me thinking what the ? are you doing, hey it's just a bit snappy and want's to go for it, auto acts much like the V6 VF commodore auto does.
The wife makes claims that the Aurion hates me driving it and I have no doubt that it loves me driving it, it's as though it wants me too go for it all the time, I think the wife is just jealous, as she always claimed the same thing about the VS Commodore she had.

The New V6 Commodore is a FWD biased AWD.

The TRD was a handful when the boot was heavy... but entertaining.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I may have. :)
Still, if you had been comparing to an XY Falcon 500 with 50yo springs/shocks, then it would kinda be a fair comparison ... :D
Yeah, to an Iced Vovo. Similar shape too:p

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
The TRD was a handful when the boot was heavy... but entertaining.
I always thought that FWD would be harder to loose traction than a RWD, the Aurion want's to light them up a lot, they sure have f ing bad axel tramp, no wonder they have traction control that you can't turn it off, shakes the hell out of the dash, I even had it spin when it went into 3rd gear once for a bit in the dry, no tramp but I thought hey ! I was overtaking a B Double doing 100KM/H and was doing 160KM/H when I got past him.
I think it does 110KM/H in 2ed at 6000RPM and then goes into 3rd to 160KM/H at 6000RPM and into 4th.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I always thought that FWD would be harder to loose traction than a RWD
If you think about it, when the tyres push the car forward, the "opposite reaction" to the torque is to raise the nose of a car ... so in a RWD car it puts more weight on the rear wheels & takes weight off the front wheels, whereas in a FWD it takes weight off the front wheels but puts more weight on the rear wheels.
Which is identical to each other. :)
Except when the drive is coming from the front, with less weight upfront there's less traction.

You'd know from experience; regardless of the drive wheels, hitting the go-pedal always pulls the nose up.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
200 killerwasps through the front wheels? Yeah, I'd like to see that......

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
200 killerwasps through the front wheels? Yeah, I'd like to see that......
Aurions & Accords are all over the place, you don’t need to look far to see that. :)

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
The TRD was a handful

Any FWD with more power than the front suspension can handle is going to be like that.
But as the car gets older, say 6-12 months of Aussie driving, the suspension won't be capable unless maintained.

But rear wheel drives just feel like an old RWD and that is OK :cool:

LMF 17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR
I had a Mazda3 MPS a few years ago, that had more power than the suspension could handle, but it was fun.

Zeke Topanaga

Reaction score
Members Ride
HX Sandman p van 308 4speed
Any FWD with more power than the front suspension can handle is going to be like that.
But as the car gets older, say 6-12 months of Aussie driving, the suspension won't be capable unless maintained.

But rear wheel drives just feel like an old RWD and that is OK :cool:
Wife's Aurion has done nearly 90,0000KM and never had a wheel alignment yet and all is fine and just on the 3rd set of tyres now and shocks are still ok.

As for RWD I don't think springs wear out so much, they can be buggered up.

The first time I came across a bad rear end was when I took a 351 ZD Fairlane for a test drive f that was scary rear end at speed and the next one that did the same trick was my brothers P5 LTD Wow took up both lanes trying to hang on to that in one fast corner at 180KM/H the XR to XD Falcons were better but still crappy like that, what happens is that the leafs bind up sidewards and spring back tossing the car off line. but never had such a problem with HK-T-G Holden's or the HQ to WB utes or P vans leaf springs as they are a much better designed leaf as are the ute p van Falcons setups, not to mention the FG ute's type leaf setups are great.
Apart from that it comes down to good shocks sure do help a lot, people use to say that HQ Holden sedan did not handle well in the rear but I had Monroe GT130 on mine and could not complain about it apart from how they understeered all was fine.
All one may have to do with the rear suspension is the bushers and it's like new again.

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
I noticed some pricing of the new Commodore on the Today show (of all places) - then I went to the Holden website to see models and prices - then I went out for a few hours and saw the following a few doors down from my house:

IMG_9939.jpg

IMG_9938.jpg

Then I looked on the Holden website again, and the whole site was down - then just before I posted this, the Holden website was back up again...