Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Looking on Holden website it looks like 1800Kg for the 2.0 turbos and 2100Kg for the 3.6, I was expecting less than that, given VE/ VF 3.0 litres are 1600Kg, all things considered that tow capacity is a pretty good number, I haven't seen the ball load spec, but if it's 10% of the tow capacity I think Holden have done well to engineer those tow capacities into the car.

The 'other' Commodore replacement, Kia Stinger, is 1500kg and 75kg ball load.....

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Mine works great. Was there a fault with some?
Most people complain about it going-off for no good reason, and turning it off.

M

mwb235

The Calais V liftback 3.6 AWD @ $51K looks much better than I expected and well equipped. I was doubtful before. I’m yet to drive one of course, but it’s looking like the ZB might just be ok after all. I just hope it drives as well as my VF Calais V V6.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ Whether it "drives as well" will depend on what you want out of it.
I'd put money on the ZB not being as "playful" a car, for want of a better description, it won't feel as interested in having a bit more fun than should be possible in something that weighs 1700kg.
However it's my belief it'll be quieter, smoother, use less fuel, general more comfortable, it'll accelerate better & stick to the road better.

These are all predictions with no basis at all, let's see how wrong I was when the comparisons start coming out. :)

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
It's a bit lame they used the VXR name. Are we Vauxhall now?

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
^ Whether it "drives as well" will depend on what you want out of it.
I'd put money on the ZB not being as "playful" a car, for want of a better description, it won't feel as interested in having a bit more fun than should be possible in something that weighs 1700kg.
However it's my belief it'll be quieter, smoother, use less fuel, general more comfortable, it'll accelerate better & stick to the road better.

These are all predictions with no basis at all, let's see how wrong I was when the comparisons start coming out. :)
The people who currently buy V6's will probably like them if losing cabin and boot space isn't an issue.
It's the folks like me who enjoy the V8 and driving a family of 5 around with plenty of elbow room that are the ones losing out.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
200 killerwasps through the front wheels? Yeah, I'd like to see that......

247 kw it was scary, especially if in auto. In sports mode manually controlled it was a little less hair raising.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
Must admit, the tech and interior are very good. based on that i would consider one of the wagons for the misses car.
But i still cant get over the outside being a mazda 6/mondeo, period.
Oh, and they have also joined the bland colours club. you get to choose from white, light grey, dark grey, black or a boring red.......

All in all, it just makes me angry that these features/tech were not implemented in the much pricier MY17 redlines

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oh, and they have also joined the bland colours club. you get to choose from white, light grey, dark grey, black or a boring red.......

All in all, it just makes me angry that these features/tech were not implemented in the much pricier MY17 redlines

Commi meme.jpg