Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Must admit, the tech and interior are very good. based on that i would consider one of the wagons for the misses car.
But i still cant get over the outside being a mazda 6/mondeo, period.
Oh, and they have also joined the bland colours club. you get to choose from white, light grey, dark grey, black or a boring red.......

All in all, it just makes me angry that these features/tech were not implemented in the much pricier MY17 redlines

6 shades of grey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
whats wrong mate?

The range of colours and the Mondeo shape. Body's could be coming out of the same factory as Fords will be, because the Falcon is apparently being replaced with a Mondeo, so I've heard...

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It's the folks like me who enjoy the V8 and driving a family of 5 around with plenty of elbow room that are the ones losing out.

meme.png

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
IMHO I think the new Commodore will be like the UC Torana.... Everyone knows that that the last Torana ever built was the LX and that the UC was never really a Torana even though Holden gave it a Torana badge....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
new ute.jpg
Hmmmm unfortunately Redline's adopted brother is not really doing it for me.....

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
The people who currently buy V6's will probably like them if losing cabin and boot space isn't an issue.
It's the folks like me who enjoy the V8 and driving a family of 5 around with plenty of elbow room that are the ones losing out.

The cabin space and boot space is more than adequate. Remember when the VB Commodore replaced the HZ Kingswood? Our family car was a HZ Kingswood and my dad worked at GMH, so I remember as a kid when the new Commodore came out and I thought it was a small car - even as a kid I thought it was a small car! Anyway, the car got bigger and the engines got more powerful.

As the Holden website does not state the engine size with the relevant kilowatts, I went to Wikipedia to grab some stats. The 2.0l turbo produces 191kw - down from 210kw in the current 3,6l V6. I drove a 2.0l turbo in the top end Equinox and it was quite zippy from 0-100km - it seemed far quicker than the current 3.6l V6 in an SV6, which appears sluggish in comparison - overall weight of car maybe?

I drove around a family of 5 in a VR Commodore with a 3.8l V6 with 130kw of power. That was adequate enough for my growing family. We don't "need" a V8, but we "want" a V8. The 230Kw of the twin turbo V6 ZB Commodore should be more than enough for most people. A 1978 VB Commodore with a 5.0l V8 had 115kw of power (small boot and cabin space) - my 1994 VR Commodore with a 3.8l V6 had 130kw of power (big boot and cabin space) - the new 2018 ZB Commodore with a 3.6l V6 twin turbo will have 230kw of power (medium/big boot and medium/big cabin space) - just some of my examples.

There is no "need" for a 6.2l V8 with 304kw of power, although I am enjoying my SS-V Redline at the moment :) Just "want", no "need" :p