Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is Elon Musk from the Future - Discuss

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Interesting musings here - https://www.motormag.com.au/feature...MOTOR_18_03_13&utm_term=list_motor_newsletter

Opinion-Elon-Musk-might-be-from-the-future.jpg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
He's accelerated the widespread adoption of electric cars by I reckon at least a decade or even more - so yeah imo he is without a doubt one of the great visionaries of the age. I'd place him well above salesmen like Jobs and Gates. In this age of vapid celebrities, bland corrupt and downright crazy politicians I cannot think of a more interesting man alive.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
A man who loves technology and innovation but HATES AI........

Terminator anyone :D

Zehq

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF2 SV6 Black
He's accelerated the widespread adoption of electric cars by I reckon at least a decade or even more - so yeah imo he is without a doubt one of the great visionaries of the age. I'd place him well above salesmen like Jobs and Gates. In this age of vapid celebrities, bland corrupt and downright crazy politicians I cannot think of a more interesting man alive.
Whoa there. One created a monopoly and the other completely reshaped the mobile phone industry. Quite a bit more substantial IMO.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
The more I see and read about Elon Musk , the more I like the guy , and he's South African too .

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Whoa there. One created a monopoly and the other completely reshaped the mobile phone industry. Quite a bit more substantial IMO.

gates stole code and resold it.

jobs, capitalised on maturing tech and just got dumb lucky - it was about time too, he'd had enough cracks at it.

Cooper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV Redline Wagon
He also doesn't hold on to any of the Intellectual Property from Tesla too. It is freely available to the world so that advancements can be made sooner and people can learn from his mistakes and improve upon the world.
He truly is a great man and is leading the world in the right direction with his ventures.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Has anyone read his bio? I read most when it was first released NY Times bestseller, re-reading it at the moment.
Actually first learned of Musk years ago when I bought the e85 wagon whilst reading a book about energy, terrorism, ethanol and space travel, called Energy Victory by Robert Zubrin
0F335791-9D07-4DD5-A64B-D055E6657D75.jpeg

Zubrin is also President & Founder, The Mars Society, and President, Pioneer Astronautics. Written 2007 (between first and second rocket failure, proof of EV sports concept using a Lotus Elise), is a prequel to Musk’s vision in several key areas.
No doubt Musk is a 21st century luminary bigger than anything conceived by Ian Fleming, definitely a disruptive mover and shaker (literally) PayPal, Tesla, SpaceX and Solar City.
Totally recommend the backstory if CBF reading novels or thick books.

Last edited: