Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is it legal?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Pretty gay you have to make an excuse to keep people out. Just say GTF out of my car!

OT i dont know why you would want neons in the first place.

depends how nice this guy is :p noone comes with me lately anyway, although i havent driven mine for a while thanks to a defect

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
Wow how wrong can one man be?
You can legally drive with them on provided they are firmly secured, the actual fitting is not visable and they are not red or blue so as to not be confused with emergency vehicles.

about what part? if theres a neon on the outside (under car) and a cop see's it on while your driving youll get fined no doubt, i dont know the exact ruling but it would come under blinding/distracting other motorists, same as bonnet washer leds, etc.....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
about what part? if theres a neon on the outside (under car) and a cop see's it on while your driving youll get fined no doubt, i dont know the exact ruling but it would come under blinding/distracting other motorists, same as bonnet washer leds, etc.....
No it doesnt come under the same as bonnet washer LED's, neons are non-directional. Read what I posted. Why do people insist on posting when they don't know the answer.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
i didnt persist, i asked a question.
I am deeply sorry what I posted was over your head. It was a rhetorical question, covering all like you.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Regarding neon's it all depends on the states, done correctly you CAN legally drive with them on. Why you would bother with them I do not know.

If i do remember correctly actually no states have local legislation on them over riding the ADR's.

They are illegal in SA. As usual I guess its just another SA only law to add to wheel sizes, window tint and ride height.

WK Woody

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WK Caprice + VK berlina
In SA its illegal to individualize or modify your car in just about any way. Thats why we're called the defect state!