Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is it normal to get a slight thump when sticking it into P...07 5sp

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
They cant charge you to diagnose a fault while under warranty.

Go to another dealer.

+1

i was thinking same thing! the nerve of some dealers.... "yeah your car is under warranty, but what we like to do is charge you a fee in the hopes it'll scare you off so you dont make a claim until its too late".
wtf the is $130 for?
there's either a noticable clunk, or no noticable clunk.
since there is (looking at video), that should be cause enough for them to look further.
bloody crooks. why is it that service departments suck balls so much. same thing with subaru (and pretty much all makes Im guessing).... lets rape the loyal customers of cash instead of looking after them.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
PM sent Ill get you looked after.

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
Cheers Ricey!!

just dropped her off,

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
whats this secret womens business going on? :)
let us know how you go mate.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Im working in electrical at the moment but the tech working on it brought it down to me for a look, I see what you mean now bit harder to pick up in the video.

He said he was going to check the linkages etc and try a few other SV6s to see if they were the same. I didnt hear back from him what did they say?

I also got them to detail the car for ya ;)

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
worth a quick look.... used to work on lots of bmw's and they had this issue.... was caused by weak diff mount rubbers on rear axle...have a look and see if they're similar....

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
Got there to pick her up looked around and couldnt find her. Saw this one new car there, im like hold on thats my number plate lol. Couldnt believe how new she looked!! :D Cheers Ricey!!

Spoke to Ben I think it was on the phone before, and he asked if I put the handbrake on before I put it into park. I said usually not, and thought thats why. They checked it out said that its some gears or somthing locking in position and its normal. I mentioned my other Sv6 i had, same build didnt have it and other sv6s ive been in dont do it either.
Tried a few times on the way home, handbrake first, then into park, but it still does it.

So overall apparently its not a problem.
Friendly service!!!! its soo much nicer when the first question they ask isnt did you buy it from us or not.

Maybe if you get a chance Ricey ask them the results on more or the technical side of things, i was kind of doing two things at once when i was on the phone with them and let us know

cheers

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Will do mate Ill ask in the morning.

goldvn05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais V V6 LY7
hi Philsv6 and RiCey

any news on this issue ? what was the latest feedback ? any resolution ?

as i am now noticing this also with my VE Calais V , V6 5 speed auto gearbox, and i also am within warranty period.
thanks guys and look forward to any news and hopefully knowledge of the real issue and resolution.
Cheers

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
Hi mate,
Havent heard from Ricey as yet,

Ive just been getting into the habit to stick it into neurtral and pull the handbreaktight , which i cant imagine is a overly wise thing to do. if theres a slight hill ill put it into park aswell and put up with the clonk.

cheers