Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is it posible to add on to the immobilizer

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
my VP exe had the immobilser but no relay or horn fitted so it only beeped on the dash so you may find its not even fitted on your car

wagonist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Sedan
At least I won't be disappointed then if I can't find it.
I didn't get the factory immobiliser with the car.
Is there a way to program another generic unit to work with it?
And what did the original remote do?
Just immobilise, or immobilise & lock the car.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
immobilise and lock doors.you obviously have the security key in the passenger side door shut

wagonist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive Sedan
I have the key to lock in the door jam, so I can manually immobilise the car.
Did the factory remote just lock the doors, or deadlock them?

And then is there a way to get an aftermarket remote to work it?

I spoke to Holden who can sell me a remote, and then they can somehow find out the code that was originally with the car when it left the factory. But they said if it's been reprogrammed at some point for a different remote or something, then they can't change it again.
How likely would this be? At some point, the ignition has been changed so it has a different key.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you can get other keyfobs from jaycar with a bit of stuffing round im sure you could program one to the car you just need to push the button and adjust the variable capacitor inside till the doors unlock. you could do the same if you found an old remote at the wreckers then jaycar sell a learning remote version that can get the code off the old one if they only sell the learning ones now

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Yea holden are crap at these old things, I got a new key fob from holden and they sold it to me then reckoned they couldn't do it, until I seen an old mate working there, got on talking to him and he went through all the functions and got it working. So goes to show dealers are keen to get you OUT the door.

for interest my key fob is the one with holden on the back and a lock/unlock button and boot release button

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
same as ford dealers i asked about a standard tow hitch for my fairlane and i got the reply how the hell should i know go to arb :bang::bang: