Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is my VE the earliest one made here?

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
A mate of mine was a GM Tech at one of the big dealerships in SA and used to service 10 or so police cars per week, they were constantly needing suspension components replaced, the engines were usually not in great shape from the abuse etc. They hung on by a thread and only had what absolutely needed to be done replaced.
Fair comment.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Honestly a 3 to 5 year old cop car would be a price/vs condition scenario, rather than a straight up don't touch it scenario....
Well cop cars at that age (and in general are generally more abused than a normal civilian car, and have lived a harder life... Post #28 by @someguy360 sums it up well...

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Well cop cars at that age (and in general are generally more abused than a normal civilian car, and have lived a harder life... Post #28 by @someguy360 sums it up well...
Yep, people seem to have this weird idea that police cars are well looked after etc.

The officers driving those cars don't own them, they have no reason to treat them well, they don't care, they'll sit on the side of the road in 0 degree weather doing radar duties then cold start and 6000RPM the bish to catch up to the speeders etc.

Same with 90% of my old fleet cars, I feel sorry for whoever ended up with them.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Same with 90% of my old fleet cars, I feel sorry for whoever ended up with them.
I've bought ex fleet cars before and they seem to be okay, as they aren't quite as abused as let's say a cop car... Tell tale signs of abuse in ex fleet cars is mostly in the interior, and mine have seemed to be okay, but I get what you mean...

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
I've bought ex fleet cars before and they seem to be okay, as they aren't quite as abused as let's say a cop car... Tell tale signs of abuse in ex fleet cars is mostly in the interior, and mine have seemed to be okay, but I get what you mean...
Mine were always underpowered, so I'd use every inch of the rev range, every minute of every day.

My cars probably had 120,000km by the time each lease was over....but they'd drive like they had 400,000km

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Mine were always underpowered, so I'd use every inch of the rev range, every minute of every day.

My cars probably had 120,000km by the time each lease was over....but they'd drive like they had 400,000km
Well I guess the reason why mine have been okay is because they've been Commodores, and there's enough power that you don't have to always rev it to the moon...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I'm not doubting this....It's more a cop car you know how it has been treated...A normal civilian car is pot luck if has been or not....

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Well I guess the reason why mine have been okay is because they've been Commodores, and there's enough power that you don't have to always rev it to the moon...
Amen to that