Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is my VF a redline or not?

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Wider rears, steering tuned differently, launch control on manuals. There were a few bits and pieces. It seems towards the end of the VF2 Holden were chucking some Redline bits on the SS and SSV. Maybe surplus
… and ‘competitive mode’ which backs the stability control off a bit to allow drifting.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
It seems towards the end of the VF2 Holden were chucking some Redline bits on the SS and SSV. Maybe surplus
They phased out SSV in MY17. One thing SSV's didn't have and Redline/Calais V exclusive, is the front camera, lane departure warning and collision avoidance and rain sensing wipers. There's no wiring in relation to that for retrofitting in SS and SSV. MY17 SS and MY16 SSV had HUD.

DanielSS-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline
Wheels, brembo brakes (4 corners in VF2), HUD, and FE3. What else was there?
In series one on early models:
Titanium trim with red stitching
Better foam used in seats with additional bolstering on front seat bases (early production only)
Forged alloy wheels with wider rears
Dual horns
Cup holders that slide out of rear seat base
CD/DVD player with BOSE audio as standard and surround sound on the DVD
Rear aux jacks available, but not used by default
Upgraded front suspension with aluminium parts (aka HSV)
Thicker anti-roll bars front and back along with some other suspension tweaks like bigger dampners
Revised exhaust
E85 fuel supported
Clear coat in engine bay
Competitive mode
Launch control on manuals

There was also more standard equipment like sunroof, forward collision alert, rear collision alert, lane departure warning, rain sensing wipers, full colour displays on instrument panel, HUD and sat nav.

That is what I can remember off the top of my head from my car. I think there was more, but I can't remember it right now.
Some of these features were cost cut out of the car as series 1 progressed and many were deleted by series 2 or revised again.

Last edited: