Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

is the vs cruise diagram the same as a vr

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR II berlina wagon v6, 72 HQ ute 253
i have the vs diagram but just wondering if the vr one was the same

my cruise in the berlina is playing up. sometimes it works and some times it doesn't. it all comes down to if the crs light is on it will work, but if the light is off it wont (sounds silly but read on) i can press the on off bit on the stalk and i hear the bcm click but no light and no operation. repeat several times and it does nothing, sometimes it works but i think its just a quintessence. so most of the time i give up. than i hit a bump and it come on, but other times it just come on, press set and away i go.

bye looking at the diagram it powers up through f10 through the bcm than t's off and goes to the dash and cruise actuator.

just wondering what's the go, any one had similar issues?

already suspecting bcm issues, i have seen my headlights turn back on after i locked the car up and had 1 flat battery with the lights on ( they turned off when the door opened)

seraphic06

Woodgrain Nut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina Wagon, VS Caprice Series II 5.0
Remove the indicator/cruise control stalk and inspect the small wiring loom that comes from it. The wires have a tendency to break over time.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Also look at your brake switch as this is the most common reason the cruise wont ingauge.

If not set correctly the system thinks the brake pedal is being used and cruise will not set. If it's on the edge of being set correctly it will work off and on.

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
but cruse works perfect if the crs light comes on. if it not on nothing happens its like it not on at all but the bcm clicks

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
but cruse works perfect if the crs light comes on. if it not on nothing happens its like it not on at all but the bcm clicks

Cruise will not engauge if the system thinks the brake is on. One way to test this is to run 2 extender wires from the brake switch connector that you can hold together to see if cruise will engauge. A second person would be helpfull with this function. The test shows if the brake switch is set correctly or not. For the system to drop out over bumps I'd point at the brake switch first then maybe look for broken wire or the BCM. Brake switch first in my book - every time.

DONT TIE THEM TOGETHER THO! - this would be very dangerous and the cruise would only dissengauge by turning the system off at the on off button.

If it still wont engauge after doing this the fault will be else where

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
the cruse does engage if the cruse is on. but what im trying to say is the on light to say the system is on will drop out etc. which i thought was the CRS light.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Doesn't sound like brake switch. Even if the brake switch was faulty, the CRS light would still come on, just not the ON light next to it

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
vs cruise uses a half size relay just above the fuses ....vr doesnt if you hear the bcm clicking it would seem the stalk switch is working but that the bcm isnt latching the power(on terminal b7 of the bcm on a grey/green wire) that is not keeping the power on the stepper motor(and crs idiot light)
This is the vr one
vscruise.jpg

moff_man

operation HQ under way.
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs cruise uses a half size relay just above the fuses ....vr doesnt if you hear the bcm clicking it would seem the stalk switch is working but that the bcm isnt latching the power(on terminal b7 of the bcm on a grey/green wire) that is not keeping the power on the stepper motor(and crs idiot light)
This is the vr one
vscruise.jpg

beautiful that's what im after, also that's also the diagram i have, so ill relabel it in my documents

thanks guys