Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is there a filter in the air con?

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
not 100% suure, but have a look under the plenum cover and see if there is a filter like looking thing in there, that might be it. the plenum cover im talking about is the 2 black plastic vented pieces that sit at the bottom of the front windscreen where the wiper arms come out of. the wiper motor is underneath it also.
plenum is on the engine, the part your referring to I believe is called the cowl. the tunnel area between engine bay and firewall.

oh and I too would like to know more about the filters, I have heard people going out and installing extra carbon filters to improve air purity through the system, that would be good idea too.

Gero SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 auto5sp
The AC filter is replace about every 30,000KM. Most of the time the filter is not clean as a part of the service.

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
perhaps this is of some use. found on the US forums.
Upgrade Cabin Air Filter

that being the gto in the US, you will have to look on the other side on an AUS car (passenger side).

Last edited:

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Thank you Farlig, I had a squiz at the u.s. site and it looks like it will be reasonably easy to get to. At least I now know that it aint behind the glove box as i had heard somewhere. Might have a look on the w'end.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
looks good, nice and easy to get too as well :)