Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Issues with VY'S

B

blackgully

also have 2004 II...when in drive and "sitting"..ie at lights for example, have a soft deep vibration / rattle, but disappears if you drop it into nuetral...comes back straight away when you go back to drive with brake on...is that the same as yours ??..its driving me mad !!

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
vystorm_adel said:
Mine goes back into second without pressing the selector as well. I thought it was standard.

and @ mattbydesign...

This is meant to be a feature of the 9C1 police pack, ie: knock back quickly two gears to take off after people... :p (Or so I have assumed...) Do you both have an illumination cut-out switch? (in the middle console, switches off all interior lights, including glovebox and boot lights) and check the tags in the front, see if has FE2 and LSD...

L

Laila

blackgully said:
also have 2004 II...when in drive and "sitting"..ie at lights for example, have a soft deep vibration / rattle, but disappears if you drop it into nuetral...comes back straight away when you go back to drive with brake on...is that the same as yours ??..its driving me mad !!
The guys at Holden just fixed the prrrr noise - it and it was the cruise control and accelerator cables hitting together. They just needed adjusting. No more rattle = happy me.

However, they also tried to adjust the height of my drivers window to stop the squeaking but this didn't really work. Will mention this again next time.

Ute2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6 M6
Thank you Laila - will see Holden about getting my vibration repaired. Its gotta go back for another 2 reasons, and wonder if they are warranty issues

1. Left hand shudder. Every now and again, when I do a left turn there is a massive GROAN from the engine bay and the steering wheel shakes to high heaven? Anyone else with this?

2. Radio. All I can get now is a staticy radio signal on all FM Stations. JJJ 107.7FM is one of Brisbane's most powerful stations, and everytime a car drives past it cuts in and out. Certainly doesn't happen in the other car stereo I have? This happens on all Brisbane stations. I also used to be able to get River94.9 from Ipswich resonably well too, but I only get that when I travel to Ipswich.

Thanks for the tips guys, I really appreciate what you guys do here!

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Ute2004 said:
Thank you Laila - will see Holden about getting my vibration repaired. Its gotta go back for another 2 reasons, and wonder if they are warranty issues

1. Left hand shudder. Every now and again, when I do a left turn there is a massive GROAN from the engine bay and the steering wheel shakes to high heaven? Anyone else with this?

2. Radio. All I can get now is a staticy radio signal on all FM Stations. JJJ 107.7FM is one of Brisbane's most powerful stations, and everytime a car drives past it cuts in and out. Certainly doesn't happen in the other car stereo I have? This happens on all Brisbane stations. I also used to be able to get River94.9 from Ipswich resonably well too, but I only get that when I travel to Ipswich.

Thanks for the tips guys, I really appreciate what you guys do here!

Yes they are both warranty issues, if your car still has warranty. I wouldn't hesitate to take it to them.

The left hand shudder - does that happen at low speed; eg: when parking etc? If so, it's a very common problem (covered several times earlier in this thread) and Holden should fix it no probs...

Ute2004

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6 M6
Yes problem is at low speed. Usually when im parking in a carpark or pulling into my driveway. Is there anything special I should tell Holden so they indentify the problem quicker?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Ute2004 said:
Yes problem is at low speed. Usually when im parking in a carpark or pulling into my driveway. Is there anything special I should tell Holden so they indentify the problem quicker?

I'd just say it has the power steering shudder that is common in VY's. They'll know what you're talking about. Tell them you've got a mate who had the same thing and got it fixed under warranty, cos heaps of people here have.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Supercharger
Hello All,

I have a 2004 VY Spercharged. It has 17,400 on the clock and has been on the road for 17 months now.

I have noticed the following problems:

1.SHUDDER at low speed full lock turning
2.Loud clunk when going over bumps
3.Left front door sags (seems to lie low – drops) *
4.Rattles – front doors and rear doors *
5.Boot seals seem to be leaking.

Are these faults covered under Holden waranty?

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
New Supercharger said:
Hello All,

I have a 2004 VY Spercharged. It has 17,400 on the clock and has been on the road for 17 months now.

I have noticed the following problems:

1.SHUDDER at low speed full lock turning
2.Loud clunk when going over bumps
3.Left front door sags (seems to lie low – drops) *
4.Rattles – front doors and rear doors *
5.Boot seals seem to be leaking.

Are these faults covered under Holden waranty?
I'd say all of those things should be covered under warranty, whether Holden decide to fix them or if they can be replicated at the dealer is another story.......