Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Italy moves to ban drivers 80+

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
I'd sooner see dick heads banned from driving than old people. Someone driving a little slow I can handle, it's people who tailgate, block people merging, drive recklessly, don't indicate etc etc who deserve a ban.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'd sooner see dick heads banned from driving than old people. Someone driving a little slow I can handle, it's people who tailgate, block people merging, drive recklessly, don't indicate etc etc who deserve a ban.

People who tailgate are genewrally tailgating because the old fart doing 70 in a 100 zone is blocking mergers, not indicating and keeping right when not overtaking.

I'd rather see corolla drivers banned myself :p At the start of every long chain of cars on the great ocean road is a bloody corolla or camry :p

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
I'd support it. Older people might be the cause of some of the road rage from other drivers. I know I get frustrated with (generally) older people taking way too much time to pull over, or turn, or whatever.
I also dislike the whole "respect your elders" theory when it makes them believe they own the road. I have respect for the older generation, but FFS don't abuse it.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
I'm not 80 but I have to smile when some young hoon choofs past me @ 20 or 30 over the 100 or 110K limit and I drive past a few Ks later and there he/she is, with your friendly neighbourhood Highway Patrolman writing furiously in his little book. Or just upside down in a paddock. I know then that my driving on or near the speed limit has saved me another few hundred or few thousand, dollars. Just another thought, I can't drive on any freeway or tollway at the speed limit without constantly being overtaken. Lots of people with lots of money to waste by donating to the state government

Richie217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 R8 Clubsport
People who tailgate are genewrally tailgating because the old fart doing 70 in a 100 zone is blocking mergers, not indicating and keeping right when not overtaking.

I'd rather see corolla drivers banned myself :p At the start of every long chain of cars on the great ocean road is a bloody corolla or camry :p

Had that happen to me on Friday on my way home from work. 110 zone old bloke in front of me doing 85 in the far right lane refusing to change into the left lane. Myself and 10+ cars forced to overtake him on the leftside.

What really shits me though is when you get a group of these asshats in all four lanes creating a rolling barricade.

I don't think all old drivers should be banned. They should have annual testing over the age of 65+ though.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I find another problem is these grey haired warriors often do stupid things for there idea of a better world. For example took off a little silly at the lights some old bird thought right I will show this hoon. Slows to around 40 in a 60 zone I came up pretty close (I was never speeding) so what does she do. Bang! Try's to brake check me. Too bad I didn't stop and she quickly sped up. Yeah I know I shouldn't have been so close but ffs I hate when people drive slow to try annoy a "hoon"

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
bout time all we need is for our goverment to do the same but make it 60 not 80

Richie217

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 R8 Clubsport
One morning on my way to work I took off from the lights leading to a freeway on-ramp, I gave it a little bit but nothing stupid or illegal, come around a blind corner to see an old bloke (looked maybe 85) coming towards me!!!!! This dopey old prick in all his wisdom had decided he didn't want to take the freeway so must have done a u-turn to head the wrong way off the on-ramp. Luckily for me there wasn't a car in the left lane and I managed to aviod this senior.

Funny thing is he had a look on his face as though I was in someway endangering his life!!!! The probolem with old people is the realise that don't have that much longer left and only think about themselves. Have you had a conversation with an 80+ year old recently? They are always very onesided conversations :)