Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Italy moves to ban drivers 80+

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I think its an excellent idea. Most, not all, but most 80yr olds do not have the reaction time needed to safetly operate a car. Probably why they drive 30 kays under the limit i guess.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I think its an excellent idea. Most, not all, but most 80yr olds do not have the reaction time needed to safetly operate a car. Probably why they drive 30 kays under the limit i guess.

Wrong. Naive stereotyping at its best.

the "driving ban" should be on ability, not age.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!

tyrone

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH caprice , 2010 Holden CDX Cruze
my grandfther turns 90 in two days and he has to do a driver evaluation exam every year go out in a car with a tester pass a medical and all other kinds of stuff has had to for the last 10 odd years that i know of and yes passes every year.....he only gave up competative speedway racing when he was about 83 so yeah i can garantee you its not him driving slow in your lane far from it more like you driving fast to catch him lol

moral of the story not ALL old fokes drive slow and are incompetatent

Happy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Executive S2 3.8 Ecotec
Older drivers usually drive to their abilities & leave larger gap to the car ahead.
This often infuriates younger drivers who have a faster reaction time & so after tailgating & getting no response then pass & slot into the old fart"s 2 second gap.
As they pass they both mutter "wanker"
We can't all be formula 1 drivers.

Poms308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 308
I'd sooner see dick heads banned from driving than old people. Someone driving a little slow I can handle, it's people who tailgate, block people merging, drive recklessly, don't indicate etc etc who deserve a ban.

yeah im wiv you on that but still old people are the worst dont now if you ever heard about that old b@#ch that pulled out to over take in sunbury down romsey lancefield road and ended up killin 2 young kids and a mother, and 2 years ago one of my best mates was killed walkin to the milkbar by some old barsted that could barely c where hes drivin if that was us we'd be locked up for manslaughter but they get away with it.when they hit 80 take them off the roads supply them wiv free taxis or something. thats my opinion

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
It's a start, but I'd prefer if they focused on the whole problem rather than targeting a part of the problem.

Ban ALL crap drivers!

Tougher testing on rules for starters, testing also of reflexes, emergency car control and mental checks to make sure these people are actually mentally capable of driving a car.

Then retesting every 5 years till you get to 65, after which every 2 years or so since eyesight and health goes down hill quicker generally around that age.

Also... bugger speed camera's off, introduce 'Keep Left' camera's, if someone is driving in the right lane, in an 80kmph or higher speed zone, with no vehicle within 500m of them in the left lane and not within 500m of a turn off... SNAP! $500 fine and 2 demerit points.

You watch how fast the right lane clears, then the speed limit can be raised because the roads will be more predictable, everyone will get home faster and happier, the public is less stressed and overal health improves!

BOOM! Next issue!

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
yeah im wiv you on that but still old people are the worst dont now if you ever heard about that old b@#ch that pulled out to over take in sunbury down romsey lancefield road and ended up killin 2 young kids and a mother, and 2 years ago one of my best mates was killed walkin to the milkbar by some old barsted that could barely c where hes drivin if that was us we'd be locked up for manslaughter but they get away with it.when they hit 80 take them off the roads supply them wiv free taxis or something. thats my opinion

Yeah, that's it - put 'em all in a home and throw away the key.....

Poor quality old drivers are no worse than poor quality new drivers. Don't imagine you were ever one of those, were you?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
It's a start, but I'd prefer if they focused on the whole problem rather than targeting a part of the problem.

Ban ALL crap drivers!

Tougher testing on rules for starters, testing also of reflexes, emergency car control and mental checks to make sure these people are actually mentally capable of driving a car.

Then retesting every 5 years till you get to 65, after which every 2 years or so since eyesight and health goes down hill quicker generally around that age.

Also... bugger speed camera's off, introduce 'Keep Left' camera's, if someone is driving in the right lane, in an 80kmph or higher speed zone, with no vehicle within 500m of them in the left lane and not within 500m of a turn off... SNAP! $500 fine and 2 demerit points.

You watch how fast the right lane clears, then the speed limit can be raised because the roads will be more predictable, everyone will get home faster and happier, the public is less stressed and overal health improves!

BOOM! Next issue!

Jester for Minister!!

What does "wiv" mean?

Shortened "with"