Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

IVA-W520 Alpine Touchscreen Head unit.

lewis269

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Commdore
About to buy an Alpine IVA-W520 head unit as they are on sale, BUT I'm curious to know before I buy one if it is going to fit in the dash.

I know this is a commodore forum but i have a 1999 V8 Statesman with the wood grain dash interior. so basically it is the same as a commodores dash (Calais)

If anyone has any experience with these and could tell me if they fit or not would be great, also any helpful tips on installing it as I'll be doing it myself.

Thanks

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
About to buy an Alpine IVA-W520 head unit as they are on sale, BUT I'm curious to know before I buy one if it is going to fit in the dash.

I know this is a commodore forum but i have a 1999 V8 Statesman with the wood grain dash interior. so basically it is the same as a commodores dash (Calais)

If anyone has any experience with these and could tell me if they fit or not would be great, also any helpful tips on installing it as I'll be doing it myself.

Thanks

Easy fit bud. You'll just need to trim the wood grain surround a fraction.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 2,197

lewis269

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Commdore
Thanks! really helpful, but roughly which parts of the wood grain do i have to file away? the corners?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
That's right. Just in the corners so the s teen doesn't foul on it when it opens.