Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ive maced the vn

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
What benefit is the catch can sealed/unsealed on these engines ? Does it keep the intake cleaner ? Does it fill up quickly ?

OP - THe B&M fluid can be ordered from Repco. All Dexron 3 are good quality, Mineral,or Synthetic. If you love the trans install a Magnefine filter so you can reduce pan drops (60-100,000k's) by changing Magnefine every 30-50,000k's and a line flush. And a trans cooler if you havent already got one. I will do a how to when i change mine after 50,000k's to show what it picked up. The fluid you are after may have some slip additives in it, i think Penrite do a similar, but its not for regular use. Nulon, Penrite, Valvoline, Mobil, Shell all have good Trans fluids.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
What benefit is the catch can sealed/unsealed on these engines ? Does it keep the intake cleaner ? Does it fill up quickly ?

OP - THe B&M fluid can be ordered from Repco. All Dexron 3 are good quality, Mineral,or Synthetic. If you love the trans install a Magnefine filter so you can reduce pan drops (60-100,000k's) by changing Magnefine every 30-50,000k's and a line flush. And a trans cooler if you havent already got one. I will do a how to when i change mine after 50,000k's to show what it picked up. The fluid you are after may have some slip additives in it, i think Penrite do a similar, but its not for regular use. Nulon, Penrite, Valvoline, Mobil, Shell all have good Trans fluids.

Yeah it keeps it much cleaner and i belive a better intake charge as hot oily air isnt mixing with the cool air comming in anymore, works very well on my 8, i noticed it ran smoother and bit more resposnsive

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
ok so i put stock injextors back in and took it for a spin and got a mate with his vs v6 auto with 19.1 rockers to race me and i only beat him by a car length and e runs flat 16s so still no change for some reason im still getting no power my take off is good till 3rd gear then power dies off im taking it to dyno to see power

MACE

Reaction score
Get the dyno run done. Should be interesting to see what the go is there, as for arguments sake could be something as simple as blocked fuel or air filter etc. Or a likely cause is that the MAF needs to be cleaned, especially if you're running a K&N type air filter, causing It to lean fuel mixtures. Had some testing done recently and just cleaning the MAF alone picked up a 5rwkw

Please keep us posted

Cheers,
Steve

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
i have a new rico dry filter and i clean my maff every month lol

car is booked in for a dyno run on friday at 4

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
get a run done with no filter and see what difference there is :p

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
hahaha nah suff that im only putting it on yhe dyno to see if i can find the problem

MACE

Reaction score
i have a new rico dry filter and i clean my maff every month lol

car is booked in for a dyno run on friday at 4

Well that eliminates a couple of things then. Should be interesting to see how she pans out. I say this as I just had a customer concerned that he only made an extra 20rwkw with a set of 1.98's spacers and a larger throttle body, similar mods to yourself. Hopefully I'll be able to get before and after graphs of that to be able to compare with your run, as there should be a lot more down low - mid range where things like the spacers really shine

Cheers,
Steve

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
LG bro ill get video and graph